already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haven't seen any reports of guys bending their frames from loading their trucks up, just reports from guys driving like azzholes beyond the capability of the truck.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
so let me ask this question for those that know more about offroading / these trucks.

the jump i posted in my vid is proably about 6" high and 10 ft or so.

i figure once it's dry out, i should be able to get another 10-15mph out of that hill and get some more height / distance.

from everything i've read, the landing looked "correct" as in your supposed to go front first to both at the same time, but not rear first.

how far / high could a jump like that be done. i've got to be honest, it was fun as hell, and i'm excited for some dry ground to see how much more i can get out of it

how's this for an answer? :)
Ford Raptor Flying at the Raptor Roundup Las Vegas - YouTube

frostedrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, there was this swedish chainsaw that had a warning "do not stop chain with ********".... I think ford needed a similar warning "Do not stop radiator fans with ********" then they wouldn't be hearing from me.... I say its a design flaw...

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look the raptor doesnt need a new frame or anything crazy under normal driving conditions this isnt a raptor trophy truck its an f150 raptor based on an f150 is some hit the kicker with an fx4 at half the speed and bent the frame you would say that guys an ******* and not ford but people are driving theys trucks way to fast over obstacles that are way to big way to fast and then saying ford should do this or that or put a bump stop on the truck thats what the aftermarket is for to take a perfectly fine vehicle and making it more suitable for you and what your going to be doing with it

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't seen any reports of guys bending their frames from loading their trucks up, just reports from guys driving like azzholes beyond the capability of the truck.

Easy there Reptar.... look around, you're in Jersey. How would you know what the capabilities of this truck are?

Last edited:

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i travel around the country a lot including utah every year but thanks for asking

Status
Not open for further replies.