already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When Will My Frame Bend?

So I got 400 highway miles on my new screw and my frame hasn't bent yet...Only gotta get through another 999,600 miles...Let you know 20 years from now how it did.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

Boom.

82130878.gif

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy there tippy.... look around, you're in Jersey. How would you know what the capabilities of this truck are?

soooo your a geographic expert who knows there are no trails and or sand to push said vehicle in nj????? where are you from???

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy there Reptar.... look around, you're in Jersey. How would you know what the capabilities of this truck are?

Easy there Cletis, go ask mee-maw for your grammer and reading comprehension flash cards again, did I say anything about where I'm located? It's 2011, shit hits the internet faster than stink on shit, and again my original statement, haven't seen any reports of guys bending their frames from loading their trucks up, just reports from guys driving like azzholes beyond the capability of the truck. If debate wants to try and make an arguement that the frame is even too weak for the payload ratings on the trucks, if there was any ounce of validity to that one, if anybody bent their frame from loading their truck with supplies, there'd be a bigger shit storm brewing on the internet over that one, and dodge and chevy would be having a field day with it. Dodge and Chevy aren't having any field day with azzhats outdriving their raptors and bending their frames, because Dodge and Chevy don't have anything to compete with Ford on the Raptor.

So, do you have a report of ANYBODY bending their frame in an f-150 from hauling a payload? Or did the gaping hole shot in that arguement upset you so much you had to go for the off topic attempted insult path? lol :ROFLJest:

soooo your a geographic expert who knows there are no trails and or sand to push said vehicle in nj????? where are you from???

I'm going to do like Cletis just did, and assume some backwoods hickville, and his only knowledge of NJ comes from the cast of Jersey Shore lol....which anybody actually from NJ knows the show should have been called New Yorkers invade the Jersey Shore :ROFLJest:

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides great if you don't have it all piled on the tailgate!

-Greg

True, that! Some of the Raptors around here belong to contractors who use them, partly, as work vehicles. Any details on how much weigh you've been able to haul with yours?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

haven't seen any reports of guys bending their frames from loading their trucks up, just reports from guys driving like azzholes beyond the capability of the truck.

The one I remember involved a Raptor/campground/pothole combination. Don't know if it was an SCab or an SCrew. Some of the owners who installed the early to market flat internal braces mentioned minor difficulty fitting the kit because the above axle part of the frame was slightly tweeked, unbeknownst to them.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
By the time the frame bend shows at the cab/bed section you have already done a lot of damage. It's not something that happens from potholes or speed bumps. It may show from that final hit but the frame had already started to yield. It happens a little at a time from hard hit after hard hit. That's the thing about this, no one takes into account all the other 'oh crap' situations they had. Not only that, some people drive for extended periods of time offroad without the slightest thought as to the temp of their shock. You take a few hard hits at the beginning of the day and think the truck can handle it but at the end of the day the shocks have heated up so much you lose some of the damping ability and hit the bump even harder...the final straw that breaks the camels back.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've tried really hard to stay out of this. But...

BlueSTI, first lets make sure we understand each other; I don't know you from Adam, we've never had cause to cross paths before, I'm positive you had good intentions in all this from day one, and I honestly hope we can meet someday in person and share some laughs over a beer (the stories we could share about Clay alone would probably have us rollin in no time!) So please don't misunderstand my following comments; they are based on nothing more than what I've seen and read of you and by you since this frame bending issue occurred.

So here's my problem:
On one hand, there's no doubt you were traveling fast. There's no doubt the terrain you were traveling over was unknown to you. There's no doubt you picked yourself up after the crash, dusted off, turned the key and drove out of there. And finally there is no doubt that if you had to do it all over again, you would go about the public side of this very differently. All of these things have been said by you in different places at various times. Are ya with me so far?

So then yesterday, you say this:
...I'm just the only one with the balls to document my process, and actually provide detailed information on the subject matter.

I'm truly sorry if that upsets you enough to hold what seems like personal hatred towards me... I was only trying to provide info and help fellow owners.
Help me understand how to mesh these seemingly two very different personas? The former sounds like a guy who knows he screwed up his truck, who regrets getting mad at the wrong person/business, and who is sorry for having a hand it the public relation ramifications that have followed. But the latter guy there sure sound like he sees himself as some sort of hero, and who doesn't realize how his actions and words have negatively affected the entire Raptor community. And rather than apologizing for it, we should be thanking him since it was he alone that had the balls and he alone saved *** owners XXXX dollars.

See the disconnect? See why you might not be getting the warmest of receptions you were hoping for?

I too have been at this forum thing for many many years, at all levels. And over that time, I've learned how to get my message across without sparking an international firestorm in the process. I'll share some of those hard earned lesson stories with you over that beer, but one in particular comes to mind specifically about the Raptor. This one: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/freak-accident-weakness-found-wheel-speed-sensor-7345/ Give it a read. Does the situation sound familiar? Does the result? See how a different approach in presentation makes all the difference in the world?

I guess my point is this: in this case, try not to get mad at the people who are pissed at you. Try instead to see their point of view, and realize maybe possibly you're not as blameless, or heroic, in all this as you might wish. Try to understand 'they' might have a point, and respond to them accordingly.

Food for thought. And that first round is on me. :favorites13:

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of all respect, I really appreciate your post and feedback, and sure I can see your point of view. My stance on it HAS changed a few times throughout the process... so I can see why there may be confusion from a few statements I have made.

Regardless, at this point I've decided to walk away from "Raptor-Gate" for good, and not deal with the frame issue B.S. anymore... either way, arguments are interpreted, posts spun around, assumptions made, attacks generated, and I'm always on the losing end in this case.

Hope you understand... No more fueling the frame-fire for me, I'm moving on to greener pastures! haha

I'll still take that beer, though!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of all respect, I really appreciate your post and feedback, and sure I can see your point of view. My stance on it HAS changed a few times throughout the process... so I can see why there may be confusion from a few statements I have made.

Regardless, at this point I've decided to walk away from "Raptor-Gate" for good, and not deal with the frame issue B.S. anymore... either way, arguments are interpreted, posts spun around, assumptions made, attacks generated, and I'm always on the losing end in this case.

Hope you understand... No more fueling the frame-fire for me, I'm moving on to greener pastures! haha

I'll still take that beer, though!
:) That's gonna be harder than it sounds I think. To not respond when you personally are getting raked over the coals as THE reason the rest of us have to deal with the incessant comments at the store, or gas station or snickers behind our backs on the trail, or... but if you stick to your word, it'll blow over, eventually. Maybe ;)

But as a head start to get us all moving in the right direction, I'm going to close this thread down. Onward and upward from here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.