already tired of hearing about the frame....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is where you are mistaken... Its way different than a hood... The hood will never cause a fuel leak... One tiny stiffing addition to the frame and the whole frame needs to be re-designed... A change from a aluminum hood to a carbon hood isnt that big...

Except it actually IS that big. Read the article. Ford had to redo all the crash testing and everything in order to sell a Shelby Supersnake with a factory carbon fiber hood, since the hood does account for part of the structural rigidity during a crash. And thanks to that added crash testing and dedicated engineering just for that hood, it became a $20k dollar part since there were so few of them to recoop the investment on. Yes it may not cause a fuel leak like a frame may if it bends in a way during a crash causing the tank to crack or drop, but my point remains, for something many don't see as any big deal to change, such as a hood, that still cost millions to implement between the engineering, and crash testing. So my point was that carries right over to the frame, there's a TON of things that could be affected that many don't even think of, and the big bucks come into play just from having to redo crash testing. And for a limited run of vehicles, such as the Raptor, all that gets slapped right back at the raptor owners, rather than spread across every single f150 owner.

Tell that to the SVT engineers! Making the F150 frame less-modular to eliminate the middle/rear sleeve connection oughta be on the FoMoCo 'to do" list.

lol yeah if they want to go out of business. It is a business afterall, and to reengineer a frame that is fully capable for every f150 out there, and fully capable for every raptor out there that is driven within it's limits, wouldn't be a cost effective thing to do at all. Not for them, and not for the customers. You want a custom one off frame so bad, go to a chassis shop and have them build you one. Because if Ford did it, all that cost would be slapped onto the sticker price as well, so whats the difference then if you want to pay out the *** for something 99% of Raptor owners don't even need. Because really, out of the 20,000+ Raptors out there, how many have bent their frames? I doubt its anywhere near 1% or 200 of them.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except it actually IS that big.

I did read it... Ok, saying its not that big was not correct... Its a big deal anytime you have go back and redo testing... But, compared to the frame its no comparison... Like that one guy said its like apples and tampons... Sure the tampon will suck up some juice but you aint going to squeeze it into your mouth and drink it... he he he

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a frame that is fully capable for every f150 out there, and fully capable for every raptor out there that is driven within it's limits,

FoMoCo build site shows the SCrew Raptor has a max payload rating of 1,770 lbs. Seems like they forgot to ask SVT to test that limit at highway speed.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FoMoCo build site shows the SCrew Raptor has a max payload rating of 1,770 lbs. Seems like they forgot to ask SVT to test that limit at highway speed.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make with that???

Banned
Reaction score
Would drive perfectly fine, if it's loaded properly.

-Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.