2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trade in 15, retail on lot 18-20 if they do not send them to auction. That could be incorrect for you and that is great. I have found after owning lots of vehicles from various brands there tends to be more long term value placed on Japanese brands.

We’re not talking about me nor anecdotal evidence, we’re talking about actual values. You claim there is more long term value in Japanese brands, yet Jeep Wrangler is #1 in resale and Raptor is above all Japanese brands.

I am not naturally bashing Ford as I am a Raptor owner. I have owned 2 Raptors and a FX4 model and they for some reason all tend to have lower resell values. Could be my market or I do not know could be you have more experience and better luck with them, but from my experience they depreciate a lot more than say a Toyota or Honda.

Weren’t you the guy who claimed to have driven a Subaru Forester under water? You’re “experiences” don’t align with reality.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We’re not talking about me nor anecdotal evidence, we’re talking about actual values. You claim there is more long term value in Japanese brands, yet Jeep Wrangler is #1 in resale and Raptor is above all Japanese brands.

Weren’t you the guy who claimed to have driven a Subaru Forester under water? You’re “experiences” don’t align with reality.

Okay, never said any of that. I guess my Raptors have just depreciated a lot greater than yours. Sorry was not trying to cause issues. Thanks

Ali Dianaty

Reaction score
Just built my own TRX that closely matches what I have in my Gen2 and honestly I don't know if I can bring myself to pay $90k for a truck I will beat on. My Gen 2 felt pricey already and for the starting MSRP of the TRX at over $75k means they are going to likely price alot of folks out of them. 702hp or not, that is alot of money.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just built my own TRX that closely matches what I have in my Gen2 and honestly I don't know if I can bring myself to pay $90k for a truck I will beat on. My Gen 2 felt pricey already and for the starting MSRP of the TRX at over $75k means they are going to likely price alot of folks out of them. 702hp or not, that is alot of money.

They sell lots of Hellcats and Demons so I am not sure, they will sell a bunch of them.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s got the motor! The looks? Rebel grows up? I expected more in this Dept. I’m sure it will perform. 4.5s 0-60. Gen2 much more aggressive looking in my opinion. Still have to break down all the TRX features. I only heard 2 piston calipers? Not too special there if that’s the case.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d buy a Chevy before a FCA. I don’t care how fast it goes in a straight line.

I’ve always considered Rams as an ingenious marketing ploy by FCA to play on “Men’s” insecurity. “Buy me for instant masculinity.” Can’t stand em

I can swear by the first line in this post.
I lost my 2007 Corvette in Hurricane Sandy. I decided to buy a Challenger SRT after that.
The car was a beast in a straight line, but on curves it was a complete PIG. I kept it for 8 months and traded on another Corvette, which is now a Shelby GT350 LOL.
I don't know how a supercharged engine is gonna hold up for people who actually offload their trucks.
They seem to run really hot when pushed hard. BTW it's never a good idea to buy the 1st model year, especially an FCA vehicle.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the Supercharged Ram will be legit, do not plan to get one. Ram does make a nice Power Wagon model and they come with great features. Besides being made in Mexico, I just did not care too much for the overall package.

I love old Mopars, and am a previous Hemi Charger owner. As far as the Supercharged portion, I think the IHI unit they will use will do just fine and unfortunately this thing will be viciously fast in a straight line.

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So someone with the username 04Ram2500Hemi is posting a questions about Raptor value post TRX release, drops an "order" form, who mostly posts about how Dodge is always better, makes one think about their motives.

If Ram is so great, why are you here? That's a serious question unless you are only interested in trolling which in that case, is literally a waste of everyone's time.

What!? "Trolling is a waste....!" How could you think that. Here i was thinking my whole life through that trolls were the spice of the internet, providing us with a counterpoint to our own little echo chambers....
Well! There goes another of my life long beliefs...