2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
So because I don’t have a lot else to do, I thought I’d stir the pot a little. Anybody think that the Hellcat TRX will have any impact on the Raptor resale value?

D

Deleted member 17706

So because I don’t have a lot else to do, I thought I’d stir the pot a little. Anybody think that the Hellcat TRX will have any impact on the Raptor resale value?

Nope. Name a Hellcat that has held its value? You can’t. On the other hand, the Raptor (Gen 1 and Gen 2) has held its value exceptionally well for the past five years. My 2020 Gen 2 is valued at least $5-7k more than what I paid for it. The only thing that could cause a Gen 2 to depreciate severely (outside of its normal depreciation) would be the new Gen 2.5/3 Raptor.

I will say though, I am curious to see how many TRXs are produced, what the price point is, and package options (if any). I don’t like how Ford offers so many options for the Raptor (800a, 801a, 802a), which can vary the MSRP by nearly $20k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope.

At the end of the day, the Raptor will be known as the truck that created the segment. The TRX will be known as the cheap derivative.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Name a Hellcat that has held its value? You can’t. On the other hand, the Raptor (Gen 1 and Gen 2) has held its value exceptionally well for the past five years. My 2020 Gen 2 is valued at least $5-7k more than what I paid for it. The only thing that could cause a Gen 2 to depreciate severely (outside of its normal depreciation) would be the new Gen 2.5/3 Raptor

Care to explain that?

D

Deleted member 17706

Care to explain that?

Yup, I paid $62.5k for my 802A 20 SCREW in March. KBB has it right around $67-69k for trade in, and low to mid $70k for private sale.

This guy paid $500 more than me and just traded his in within the same interval that I noted above: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2020-802a-screw.77934/

Both of us live and bought our trucks in Florida. No one sold Raptors throughout the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 (before Covid) in the state of Florida, so deals were to be had.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on if the gen 3 raptor comes out or not and is a major improvement over the TRX and the Gen 1 and Gen 2. If there are no more raptors produced and the trx does well, then I believe the value will diminish as it does in any competitive market values. There are so many raptors out there, they are not collectors items. If and when the Gen 3 comes out (has to, come on Ford), it will be better than the previous models and will gobble up the competition, previous raptors will still depreciate but not at an alarming rate, but probably on the same sliding scale as gen 1s are now.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Won’t make a difference - may even make prices go up as more interest/demand will be stirred up for true offroad vehicles.

lemme ask you this - when the hellfat & demon came out did it tangibly hurt demand for the ZL1/Z28 camaro, Z06/ZR1 vette, Shelby gt350/500? I don’t think so....would be tough to gauge either way, but there’s always gonna be another manufacturer pushing the bar higher trying to one-up the competition, doesn’t matter if we’re talking about cars or lawnmowers, that’s capitalism for ya.

I’ll play devils advocate for ya though- the real concern should be for Ram not too fall short/flop w/ the TRX- as they debut their 1st iteration of a high speed offroad Baja jack knife of a pickup (the power wagon is really a different Animal altogether) Ford will be readying their THIRD installment of a niche they invented. That’s a pretty damn big league

In terms of powertrain, why would ford be concerned w/ Mopar’s admittedly predictable move of putting a blown hemi under the hood? fords moved on from V8s went past the ttV6 stop & now onto a hybrid ttV6 platform that’ll probably be putting out close to the same HP & most likely a healthy amount more TQ while being lighter & w/ electric motors in the mix more responsive.

game on

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, there is going to be some pressure on Raptor pricing, both new and used. Suddenly, Ford's strategy of moving toward small displacement turbo engines will now begin to impact sales for the first time. Buyers had no real alternative in the segment, V8 or otherwise. Not only is there now a credible competitor on the horizon, but it has the 'correct' engine in a lot of people's eyes.