2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I'll wait to see what comes of this:

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an EB to me and the opening to the IC kinda double confirms it.

Lot's of talk about the 5.2 but the F150 5.0 Roush Phase 2 is 650hp and with the weight advantage would blow the doors off a TRX (if that's what ford wants to do). Especially with the 4.10 gears vs 3.55 gears.

5.2 just seems like a guarantee of 100k worth of truck.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This ^^ But I think Ford is going for the hybrid. I am totally good with that too - it's the future. I think they can easily pump 600-650HP out of the 3.5TT and hybrid drive and much less weight than the TRX but we'll see.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lot's of talk about the 5.2 but the F150 5.0 Roush Phase 1 is 650hp and with the weight advantage would blow the doors off a TRX (if that's what ford wants to do). Especially with the 4.10 gears vs 3.55 gears.

2nd that. Ford authority has an article about this and they make it sound like the 5.2 is a done deal, I guess we will see. Either way I’m keeping my scab. Between pricing and availability a 5.2 raptor would be hard to get.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@nikhsub1 oh I agree. Just the 5.2 talk since it has more power but the blown 5.0 seems better suited for a truck. @nmp1 I've seen that too. But unless the 5.2 is re-worked a little it's a bit peaky for a truck IMO. Just seems like it takes more revs to get to peak torque compared to a 5.0 SC or the TRX's 6.2.

I'm sure Ford will be much more technologically advanced powertrain wise but if they really wanted to out crazy the TRX they could do it with what they have in the parts bin. It'll be fun to see whats next either way.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Lot's of talk about the 5.2 but the F150 5.0 Roush Phase 2 is 650hp and with the weight advantage would blow the doors off a TRX (if that's what ford wants to do). Especially with the 4.10 gears vs 3.55 gears.

To be fair, Roush is not a valid comparison; it's aftermarket. There is zero engineering behind Roush products; they slap on parts and sell it as a package. None of their products could pass a single OEM durability test. Their sales strategy is the same as the aftermarket Shelby and Tuscany conversions; they make a huge profit up front based on their brand name, and then worry about the warranty claims later.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Roush is not a valid comparison; it's aftermarket. There is zero engineering behind Roush products; they slap on parts and sell it as a package. None of their products could pass a single OEM durability test. Their sales strategy is the same as the aftermarket Shelby and Tuscany conversions; they make a huge profit up front based on their brand name, and then worry about the warranty claims later.
You just beat me to the punch. Everyone keeps saying to do a supercharged 5.0 or 7.3 but everyone forgets the ford is a manufacturer, not a tuner. They don’t just slap a blower on and say good luck. If an engine wasn’t designed for forced induction, they aren’t going to do it. It’s gonna be the 5.2 or some 3.5 variant.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just beat me to the punch. Everyone keeps saying to do a supercharged 5.0 or 7.3 but everyone forgets the ford is a manufacturer, not a tuner. They don’t just slap a blower on and say good luck. If an engine wasn’t designed for forced induction, they aren’t going to do it. It’s gonna be the 5.2 or some 3.5 variant.

Im sure I’m kinda an outlier in this thread but that is kinda why I like the 7.3 gas for the new raptor. It would be pretty low on utilization, so you could rip on it. Super duty HP is at 430, so perform a conversion from super duty to raptor and you would have around 460HP.

I like the idea of a lower utilized engine for ripping on it offroad.

For a lariat-ish f150, a lightly off-roaded raptor, or an overland rig, the power boost sounds awesome. For a hard pressed near desert racer truck, the lower utilization and lesser power (durability) makes more sense to me.

My personal opinion only