Gen 2 Used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay more than 30K for anything 7 years old with over 100K miles. You won’t have to worry that much about resale value, the first owner or 2 took the 40K depreciation hit. Raptors don’t tend to ever sell in the lower 20s if they are clean.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a 2012 3.5 ecoboost with 180XXX miles. From my experience, any ecoboost for sale with 100K+ miles needs at the very least an engine oil test. And then, some proof of the frequency of oil changes. The turbocharger oil lines have in-line filters that are an absolute ****** to get to. If they get clogged for any reason, you will destroy the turbo. If the oil test results show coolant in the engine oil, you might have a water pump leak. If that happens, that's a big repair bill. Also, assume the shocks are gone.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting into a gen 2 raptor supercrew but it has about 100k miles and I'm slightly worried about the reliability and/resell value later in its life. It's listed at $36,000, do you guys think it's worth it?
I'll go against the grain and say it doesn't sound like a bad deal. Though I've done no research and don't really follow the market on used Gen 2's any longer.

Are there really cheaper alternatives out there? I do all my oil changes, so the only time my truck shows up on service records is for a problem or recall.

CVP33

Reaction score
Looks to be:

- Missing the OEM rims
- Lesser model, no B&O stereo
- Tons of miles
- No free carfax
- No warranty
- Being sold by a body shop

Thats enough red flags for me. I bought a high miler myself:

- 94,865 miles
- Ford CPO 3months, 3K miles + 11000 points
- Fully loaded $73K sticker (every option except bed-extender)
- Tonneau cover
- CarFax = 1 owner, no accidents, regular maintenance
- Perfect interior and exterior
- $37K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter