2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I care about resale value AND mpg so I guess I really really can’t afford my truck! But in all honesty I do care about those things. Resale value only because I may want to trade it in for another raptor and why would I want to have less money when I could have more money?

MPG because I live in California and gas prices suck and filling it up for 120 dollars a week won’t hurt me but it doesn’t feel great. My old truck got about 21 mpg on average, probably less, so I bought a motorcycle and justified it by saying it would save me money. It did not. So naturally I traded both in for a truck that gets about 17mpg on average.

In terms of affordability I’ll be able to pay this truck off in a couple years just like my last one, but some people think if you finance you can’t afford it anyway. Way off topic and I’m rambling, but regardless of TRX performance vs Raptor performance, I love driving the raptor and I don’t need loud noises as I’m an old man. In terms of looks, regardless of how either performs I’m an aesthetics guy and raptors have always drawn my eye more than any other truck, much like a lot of other people. I don’t think I could pick the TRX out of a line up of rams personally.

Codyw

Reaction score
in LA? that is just asking for trouble
Haha... algood bro! :33:What can I say.? I love Trump ... just wish this state wasn't so left wing...

Back to topic tho, I doubt the introduction of the TRX will impact resale of the Raptors.....Toyotas have had competition for years, yet their resale value is always higher than the rest....(by 'rest' I mean the FX4, TRD, REBEL, Z71, AT4..etc) as with Raptors... their resale value has been and is still currently incredibly high...

D

Deleted member 17706

Anyone who is worried about resale value of a pickup truck probably should not have bought a raptor since you clearly can't really afford it.

Yea, just like anyone who is worried about a resale value of a home probably should not have bought it since they clearly can’t afford it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, just like anyone who is worried about a resale value of a home probably should not have bought it since they clearly can’t afford it.
Totally different. An f150 is a depreciating asset. If you seriously have resale value at the top of your list when you bought the truck, you're doing it wrong. It isn't an investment. It's a tool but whatever makes ya'll sleep better at night.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Totally different. An f150 is a depreciating asset. If you seriously have resale value at the top of your list when you bought the truck, you're doing it wrong. It isn't an investment. It's a tool but whatever makes ya'll sleep better at night.
Rrrright. You should go buy 5 new Rams or GM's and 5 new Raptors, then tell us which was the better "investment" after 2 years.

Nobody bought a Raptor to make money on the back end, but many rationalized buying one knowing that when the time comes, the residual value will be better than average. And, it does make me sleep better at night.

D

Deleted member 17706

What @GCATX said.

But I do love when guys like you act holier than thou and tell others that their “doing it wrong” when it comes to their finances. Yes, vehicles are depreciating assets, but your going to spend money on a vehicle each year regardless of whether you bought it for $5k or $50k. So there is nothing wrong with capitalizing on the fact that Raptors hold their value.

Most Gen 2 Raptor owners (across all model years) have had zero to very little depreciation over the past year of ownership. Tell me what other mass produced vehicle does such. Again, that’s not why I bought my Raptor (this is my fourth one), but it does allow me to minimize my depreciation as I move into a new one. And yes, it does help me sleep at night :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most Gen 2 Raptor owners (across all model years) have had zero to very little depreciation over the past year of ownership. Tell me what other mass produced vehicle does such.

Pretty much all of them. Our government has been printing money at a ridiculous rate. Between that and the used car auction shutdown, where availability was reduced, and all used cars are up dramatically.

I agree that resale should be a consideration, but pretty low on the list. Would you drive a Ridgeline if it depreciated more slowly than a Raptor?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do believe the Raptor depreciates less than any other F150 but it still depreciates, at best with 100 thousand miles it is worth 30 grand. It takes a big dip once it hits the 100 thousand mile plus mark. Then it levels off but tons of Gen 1s out there with 140 plus thousand miles for 15 grand at retail. These 70k trucks will depreciate to nothing, but like was said above they are a tool used in most guys or gals work.

If you pay cash for it then let it sit, this would not be bad. If you use it for work or as a work truck and can depreciate it to nothing or get enough allowance say 1200-2200 a month then you can justify it. Ford's of almost any kind do not hold their values well. Anyone that has purchased multiple ones of them know this to be a fact.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ALL Cars have depreciation. Some more, some less unless it's a ultra rare hypercar or something
Homes can have depreciation however most rise in value

Comparing the both is the literally definition of apples and oranges.

I would not consider a mass produced vehicle an investment asset.