2nd Gen Raptor Resale Value after TRX Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The interior quality on the new Ram trucks is certainly superior to the current F-150 and Raptor, that has turned a few guys I know, but the rest of the truck is still a FCA product and the mechanical quality on the examples I’ve seen is sub par.

The other factor in this race is fuel economy. The Gen 2 Raptor does ok for what it is, and the likely hybrid powered Gen 3 should do better. That supercharger whine is the sound of money exploding (quoting Jeremy Clarkson) and the TRX will probably muster 12 MPG like the Power Wagon does. I realize most on here make fun of people mentioning MPG, but it’s certainly a factor for some for either economic or ecological reasons depending on where you live and whom you associate with.

I leave you w/ this- my buddy Tried out Ram after a slew of sub-par GM K2 trucks (not the current gen, the ‘14-‘20 trucks that were made in Mexico & have ****** 8 speed tranny) - well he has a fully loaded lariat w/ air ride etc interior IS awesome- but no quieter than our Raptors. He is now 20k into ownership & keeps having electrical
Issues- dropped Bluetooth calls, randomly switching from audio source to audio source, randomly not memorizing all his “memory” crap (@ which point the techy doo dads begin to lose their luster).....so I look at that & consider the rotary dial shifter for example- technology for technology sake- & wonder, what else could go wrong if owning for 5-7 years 150k miles?

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
So someone with the username 04Ram2500Hemi is posting a questions about Raptor value post TRX release, drops an "order" form, who mostly posts about how Dodge is always better, makes one think about their motives.

If Ram is so great, why are you here? That's a serious question unless you are only interested in trolling which in that case, is literally a waste of everyone's time.

A Troll? That’s cute!
I wasn’t sure how to respond to that. In the end it’s always the same internet argument about who’s dad is tougher. You know what, you do you, and I’ll do me. If you don’t like my posts you can ignore me and move on. Your choice my friend.

That said, I’ve posted what I have because competition is good for the consumer. Will the TRX be a hit? Will the TRX force Ford to up their game? Will I keep the Raptor or buy a TRX? All questions left unanswered. I’m excited to see what Ram has to offer. The Hellcat platform is awesome. For now, all we have to do is sit back and wait.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d buy a Chevy before a FCA. I don’t care how fast it goes in a straight line.

I’ve always considered Rams as an ingenious marketing ploy by FCA to play on “Men’s” insecurity. “Buy me for instant masculinity.” Can’t stand em

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been on many different forums that always have this question come up "when the new *** comes out, how will that affect the value of my ZZZ" - similar to this thread. In most instances the end result is NO - "***" coming out will rarely affect the value of your "ZZZ".

However, there are many other circumstances that will affect the value of your ZZZ (in this case our Raptors) - from my experience the environmental factors are what most affect your value. In example - several posters have mentioned they could sell their current raptor for about what they paid, some a little more. I can say this same situation is going on in the Corvette Forums right now (noted that the C8 is not an altogether different brand like the TRX, but similar thought process). Used Z06's are selling (not asking, but selling) for $5k-$10K over KBB/NADA, etc.

Never have I seen instances like this - but IMO it can be attributed to the current market environment. COVID halted production of Raptors, C8 Corvettes, just about all other vehicles. Many citizens have not had the financial hit that COVID promised in March, so they still have income and want a new "toy" - and why not get a 14-16MPG Badass Truck or a 650HP Z06 right now when rates are low, and gas is as cheap as its been (give or take).

However, there will be many things that affect the value of our vehicles (result of election possibly, if consumer confidence drops, more COVID BS, some ******** could fly a plane into a building again, etc.). If gas gets up to $4.00 a gallon again the market will be flooded with Raptors and any other gas hogs for reasonable prices for example.

When the supply catches back up to the demand levels my guess is you will not be able to sell your current truck for more than you paid.

EDIT to add: if you really want to see what environmental factors do to "toys" - try finding a Boat, Side-by-Side, or Camper/RV for anywhere close to the actual value.

Codyw

Reaction score
I care about mpg for two reasons. The most important is range. I want a big one. :) The other is that as an engineer, I admire efficient design. The TT V6 is an elegant solution. A blown V8 is brute force. That said, either vehicle is a giant FU toward every tree-hugging, CAFE-pushing, environmental-sky-is-falling person in this country. The only way to get less love from them would be to put a Trump sticker on your bumper.

Lol I've had my truck for 3 weeks, Trump sticker was literally the first "mod" that I did....

View attachment 150026

20200803_170914.jpg