Won’t start, odd sound, flashing lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to start my truck, dash lights came on, truck didn’t start and brake pedal forcibly pushed back when I attempted to start. Of course didn’t start. A weird thumping sound plays over the speakers… all exterior lights flash and every error message known to man from steering fault to brake and light system faults showed. Now I get no dash lights at all. Disconnecting battery did nothing. Hooking it back up exterior lights flash and the thumping sound is all that happens… any suggestions?

OP
OP
CP312

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess all the stories I’ve heard about brand new trucks with dead batteries is a real thing. Thanks guys

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Also, make sure all your fuses are pushed in all the way. Most come with them not fully seated. Both our '22s came this way.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess all the stories I’ve heard about brand new trucks with dead batteries is a real thing. Thanks guys
Yup. I bought a Noco and put it under the seat for this exact thing. Mine went about a year old

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check battery connections and fuses pushed all the way in. If all that checks out, use a trickle charger or jump boost and see if it starts. My negative battery connection from the factory was a joke.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, the CarPlay update killed my battery. It tried to update but didn't. There are forums of this on different sites which explains this. Therefore, I turned off auto update.

Last edited:

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This exact same think happened to me early last month. Drove the truck up to the store the evening before and everything was fine. Wife was going to drive it to work the next mooning and it freaked out. When I got home from work, the battery was putting out 6.8 volts. I put it on the charger and it charged normally up to 12.5v. Monitored it for the next couple of days with no degradation and it has been normal ever since, including a trip to Utah for Raptor Assault. I can only assume that I somehow left the truck in accessory mode after my trip to the store and killed the battery over night.