Raptor won’t turn over or start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
For anyone else curious.. I get 330 miles at 85% SOS which is more than both my Jeep and Ascent show at full tank DTE. On full road trips where I took it to Cohasset and back to the TC it made it without charging in 15 degree weather which is over 320 miles round trip.

I think that’s pretty damn good! Ymmv.. every S is mildly different, but the newer ones are pretty sick.
Dude...I got 550 miles on my 20 (35) Raptor on average. About 480 so far on my 37. No plugging in needed.

EV's are a joke IMHO. Buying into anti-fossil fuels (which is hilarious because we all know where electricity comes from--coal fired and natural gas power plants...ohhh...shhh...don't say that).

Last edited:
OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude...I got 550 miles on my 20 (35) Raptor on average. About 480 so far on my 37. No plugging in needed.

Not going to convert people to EV here.

More than I get on my 37PP. I average 440. I’m not here to convert, but I do have a huge stable including ordering the “all new GTR” which to be fair isn’t really all new. Also have a Rivian R1S and Hummer EV on order. I put cash into the new DeLorean as well. You don’t have to be a hater on EVs.. they have their place, I loved my i8 it was a fun car and got a lot of attention. Isn’t that what our Raptors are for?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
More than I get on my 37PP. I average 440. I’m not here to convert, but I do have a huge stable including ordering the “all new GTR” which to be fair isn’t really all new. Also have a Rivian R1S and Hummer EV on order. I put cash into the new DeLorean as well. You don’t have to be a hater on EVs.. they have their place, I loved my i8 it was a fun car and got a lot of attention. Isn’t that what our Raptors are for?
Sounds like you love EV's. Boring to me and not interested in supporting the fake green BS. EV's are powered by coal and natural gas power plants. Not 'green'. Either way let us know what dealer says on your issue.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you love EV's. Boring to me and not interested in supporting the fake green BS. EV's are powered by coal and natural gas power plants. Not 'green'. Either way let us know what dealer says on your issue.

The Hummer EV isn’t green at all. Who said anything about being green? I’ve consumed more barrels of oil in 6 months than you have in 15 years lol get the f out of her dude. I will let you know on the dealer piece :)

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps to no one’s surprise… everything tested fine. Their diagnostics did say it had flashed a lot of error codes on charge system and the electrical but nothing appears to be at fault now. I’ll chalk it up as an anomaly and hope for the best I suppose but I’m going to bring along a portable battery jumper just in case at this point.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps to no one’s surprise… everything tested fine. Their diagnostics did say it had flashed a lot of error codes on charge system and the electrical but nothing appears to be at fault now. I’ll chalk it up as an anomaly and hope for the best I suppose but I’m going to bring along a portable battery jumper just in case at this point.
I'd still go somewhere else and have the battery load tested. Any AutoZone or similar will do it for free. If that battery tests fine, I'd say it's a loose connection and I would re-tighten positive and negative and a few others that I find inside the engine bay. The test specifically needs to be a load test. A battery can test fine with voltage, but fail under load. Usually when there are a lot of those random codes, it was due to a very bad battery or the battery not making a connection at all.

I'm shopping for a good jump pack also, and I had a thread about it a few months back. A member recommended the Gooloo GgT 4000

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a good jump pack also, and I had a thread about it a few months back. A member recommended the Gooloo GgT 4000
Another member recommended the Noco brand below. Can’t make heads or tails between the two.