Raptor won’t turn over or start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure which one you’re referring to cause they’re both roughly the same price on Amazon.
Which one are you looking at on Amazon? There is a GP series and a GT series and some have an "S" at the end of the model number.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which one are you looking at on Amazon? There is a GP series and a GT series and some have an "S" at the end of the model number.

I bought this one:

Its the GT4000 without the "S" on the end. If you are concerned at all about jumping in cold temps, the newer non "s" would be the one to get. From their description: Pre-heating Tech: A world-advanced technology that makes it possible to start a dead car in an extremely cold environment even at -40℉.

Sometimes they have discounts. I used a $40 off coupon when I bought mine.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought this one:

Its the GT4000 without the "S" on the end. If you are concerned at all about jumping in cold temps, the newer non "s" would be the one to get. From their description: Pre-heating Tech: A world-advanced technology that makes it possible to start a dead car in an extremely cold environment even at -40℉.

Sometimes they have discounts. I used a $40 off coupon when I bought mine.
This Noco ain’t no joke either.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sorry for the confusion, Sir. I was referencing the GOOLOO GT4000 that you posted and the Noco that I posted…stating they’re similar pricing.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Littlefx4 no worries at all. Which one would you personally go with? I had a $60 costco I was running for 2 years. It finally gave up and Costco took it back and refunded me the $60 lol

This is one of those items that can have a bad battery and only last 2 months or it can last 5 years. There doesn't seem to be a way to ever tell. I guess the best method is warranty at this point?

I don't trust the factory battery in my truck. I take it to the middle of nowhere in Baja and need something just in case. I could always go with Costco again and spend $60 on a CAT brand one. If it goes bad at least I know that Costco takes it back up to almost 2 years.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) battery has had some issues. Mine did the same thing, no crank, brake pedal pushed back. I had the truck towed to the dealer. They replaced the battery and did a software update. No issues since. I think Ford either got a bad batch of batteries or the parameters for what the software sees a dead battery is set too high and won’t let the truck start.