Raptor won’t turn over or start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like a possible piece here. I’ve had 2 recent Ford power up updates. Seems annoying to risk the biscuit with it. All my ford dealerships are out like 30+ days on service, I’d imagine a battery issue replacement though should be easy for them. I just thought now that this battery should be covered under warranty I’d imagine?
On a different forum, they said that was one of the causes of the battery being drained. Only thing ford dealership will say is "battery tested fine..."that's it!

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as a minor update the battery was brought by my dad to Oreillys and it tested out good and it charged up. They threw it back in the truck and all seems well. No idea what could have caused that significant amount of drain on the battery overnight. I’ll likely call Ford to schedule service here to have it looked at the connection issues as some have mentioned here and maybe the starter/alternator as well. The good news is on the truck it’s now registering 13volts vs the 8volts. I suppose the test will be tomorrow morning and hopefully it remaining in a good place.

Last edited:

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had some battery issues too. I put one of these on about 2+ months ago and no more problems. I used the strap that goes across the top of the battery to secure the mount that comes with it. I even bought a second one and installed it on my old (01) F250/7.3 w/2 batteries. Works fine there too. Good luck..

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to mine about three weeks ago. Weird sound from the stereo. Threw the noco jump pack on, sound went away immediately and truck started fine. Took it in because I knew this was a notorious problem. Swapped battery. Said old one failed several tests. Funny thing? Truck did the CarPlay update 2 days prior….. I’ve since turned OFF auto updates

BSM

Reaction score
Exact thing happened to me 2 days ago (2021 Gen3, I got truck Oct 16 41,000KM). Something caused battery to drain overnight after I parked that evening, very strange. I immediately hooked a charger to it and it started following morning. No problem since. In previous threads I read about phantom drains due to zone lighting or open passenger doors - not root cause of my problem. See if it happens again.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to mine about three weeks ago. Weird sound from the stereo. Threw the noco jump pack on, sound went away immediately and truck started fine. Took it in because I knew this was a notorious problem. Swapped battery. Said old one failed several tests. Funny thing? Truck did the CarPlay update 2 days prior….. I’ve since turned OFF auto updates
Them auto updates got you shook! Lol Don’t let’em scare you like that, bro!

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Home tonight - had to reset all of the truck settings of course and I decided to turn off auto updates. I got into a dealer about 50 min north that had an appt in a couple days.. inconvenient but I really want it to be looked over before the road trip. First world problems but I don’t want to pack the family in the JLU or Ascent lol. Honestly thought about taking the Model S because it has amazing range but.. the truck with > 550 miles a take on the freeway would be way better.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Home tonight - had to reset all of the truck settings of course and I decided to turn off auto updates. I got into a dealer about 50 min north that had an appt in a couple days.. inconvenient but I really want it to be looked over before the road trip. First world problems but I don’t want to pack the family in the JLU or Ascent lol. Honestly thought about taking the Model S because it has amazing range but.. the truck with > 550 miles a take on the freeway would be way better.
"Model S with amazing range" LMF*O.

Let us know what dealer finds.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Model S with amazing range" LMF*O.

Let us know what dealer finds.

For anyone else curious.. I get 330 miles at 85% SOS which is more than both my Jeep and Ascent show at full tank DTE. On full road trips where I took it to Cohasset and back to the TC it made it without charging in 15 degree weather which is over 320 miles round trip.

I think that’s pretty damn good! Ymmv.. every S is mildly different, but the newer ones are pretty sick.