Raptor won’t turn over or start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps answered but I’m traveling here. Wife says the Raptor won’t start she just presses the start button and it clicks. She says a loud thumping noise keeps happening from the speakers and the main display says the car will shut off to save the battery if the car doesn’t ignite.

The other car she has with her is the Tesla so unfortunately I have the other ice car so she can’t try and jump it to see if it’s a battery issue. The good news is we don’t necessarily need it at the moment but it is an inconvenience for her to use the S to drive around the 3 kids while I’m gone. Should I have her run into Home Depot and grab a car charger or is it possibly something else known to the forums besides battery? The odd thing is it’s not particularly cold - only 35 over there right now. Haven’t had issues with the truck in much colder weather so seems odd. Trucks birthday would have been last week. 17k miles. 37PP

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Battery is dead.Mine did the same thing. The subwoofer thumps and does all kinds of weird stuff.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery is dead.Mine did the same thing. The subwoofer thumps and does all kinds of weird stuff.

Should I just have her go buy a new battery or do these batteries charge well? I had her try and check voltage and it says 8v so guessing it drained hard. That seems wild for it to happen so suddenly though.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me the issue was the truck was trying to update but couldn’t so it drained the battery. Got a jumper and started right back up and since then no issues.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me the issue was the truck was trying to update but couldn’t so it drained the battery. Got a jumper and started right back up and since then no issues.

This seems like a possible piece here. I’ve had 2 recent Ford power up updates. Seems annoying to risk the biscuit with it. All my ford dealerships are out like 30+ days on service, I’d imagine a battery issue replacement though should be easy for them. I just thought now that this battery should be covered under warranty I’d imagine?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Died after jump start again
Couple of things I would check here with it dead after a jump.

Check battery connections positive and negative and make sure they are not loose. Check and push down all fuses. The battery could be so dead that not even a jump will keep it powered up. Or you might have a bad alternator. The dealer will have to do the last 2 since it’s under warranty but I’m willing to put some faith in checking those terminal connections. Mine were so lose from the factory.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of us have had battery issues. I swapped mine for a new one and it still wouldn’t crank because of my starter. Ford towed it in and replaced the starter and battery:

00054849-056A-47EF-BC5D-73669021524B.jpeg

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of us have had battery issues. I swapped mine for a new one and it still wouldn’t crank because of my starter. Ford towed it in and replaced the starter and battery:

View attachment 394450

Oof.. hope it’s not the starter. I’ll have to complain to Ford to get the truck in sooner as we are supposed to head off on a road trip to Orlando from MN the 2nd week of March. I think I’ll have the wife try and get the battery into Autozone and have it charge and tested and go from there. What a bummer but I guess a good thing it happened now vs being stranded on a road trip.