Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess Dustin did not have an update from Ford Racing as to how it's going this week.
They must scrambling now, I'm sure they want to get Long Tube headers to work,
because sales would go through the roof for Whipple and Ford Racing Parts.
And not to mention saving face for Ford Racing.
Unless the rumors that the Raptor may end in 2014 are ture.

As for paper weight, don't you think Whipple would do something for you.
I don't know about installation fees? I'm guessing Torq would have to make good on that.

Remember no other SC manufacture is making a Tune for Long Tube Headers!

Ford really went crazy on making the PCM as complicated as possible!
GM and Dodge do not have these problems.
They also do not have something like a Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whipple Charged

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Still no update on my truck at Ford Racing Michigan. Let's we heard it was the larger injectors causing issues with the fuel curve...... 1 week left and then it's coming back to be put back to stock and I'll have a $10k paper weight.

To be very accurate, there are only 2 issues and both vehicels are equipped with long tube headers. There is nothing wrong with the fuel curve, but, to help this vehicle, we thought we would try a smaller injector to help its idle issue but it did not resolve the issue. The reason we run the larger injectors, its a carry over from our GM Camaro/Corvette as well as our Dodge/Jeep/Chrylser packages is it gives fuell capacity for the power levels we can reach, as well full cat saver mode and even more HP capacity in near 0 deg weather. To go to smaller injectors requires power modulation at cool temps to keep the injectors in the proper operation range.

Stig1

Reaction score
There is a big warning in the instructions about lubing the o-rings and being careful about placing the manifold ontop of the intercooler.

There are over 150 Raptors running Whipples now, to bad only a handful are on the forums.

Thanks MTF, Actually, the instructions said to use a little lube on that o ring. After my guy did that and looked again, he greased the heck out of it and then was very attentive to the o ring. Its a tight fit. Thanks to this forum, that was a know issue when he was installing.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK not so big of a warning, that's why I had an expert do the install for me. LOL

Orings.jpg

Actually thats a knee in the bottom picture, I don't think at 6' 2" 270 lbs I could fit on top of the engine.
The SVT Tech is a little guy I'm sure he had no problems. LOL
He did say they put blankets all over everything 3-4 thick.

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
The great thing with this is that anyone in the future will see some of the little tips and tricks and problem areas like the rear bolt.

Now come on ford racing, lets get the ECU back in our hands! We're waiting...

crappy iphone pic

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 95

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks nice and clean!!! your going to hate it when you have to start driving in the rain, water spots all over the place. LOL

I am going to have to punch out that hole for the hose looks much better then just pushing the rubber over.

The SVT Tech was going to remove it like the instructions says but waited till I came out.
I agreed with him to leave it on, it does direct the air into the radiator.
The next time I go for service he will do that for me.

I was going to post my pic but I lost it when I upgraded my phone I'll have to take another one.
OK just ran down to take one but the lighting was wrong and I did not feel like pulling the truck out.

2012-06-11_19-35-37_800.jpg

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
Drive in RAIN, are you nuts!

Just kidding....

Rich has done some CRAZY projects and built several trucks for sema, and been on the cover of truckin many times. His work is the best I've seen in at least a 200 mile radius. I believe him when he says this is a very nicely put together kit! He has done a lot of superchargers.

Good news, the "PCM" (got corrected that is not called an ECU) did ship today and should be up and running tomorrow!

Stig1

Reaction score
This is the way that every Raptor should be built.

Very NICE... Very drivable, great sound levels, great power!

I am happy with the fact that you can drive it easy (normal) an you hardly notice its even installed.

Getting used to getting the power put down form a stop, even with a little roll out, if you get into it too quick, wheel spin, wheel hop, and you have jump all the way off so you don't bounce the rev limiter.