Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid

Reaction score
Hi MTF,

Sorry havent got back to you! Very busy at work! I got my truck back the other day from the propane expert! No the first whipple running LPG ;-)

But still the same issues with the jdm tune! But i saw your video and it seems that your truck has an rpm limit of 5500?

Mine is at 6200 every gear but the gap between 5500 and 6200 is like the truck gets into some sort or lag! From the 1,2,3rd gear no problem geting 6200 but 4th its to much!

Did you go Wot?

Do you know if JDM resolved the hard shifting problem?

Greetings Solid!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems every speed shop is trying to get the most HP for the big numbers gain GAME.
Problem is Our Wideband PCM is very sophisticated,
you can’t just remove or adjust the rev limiter without adjusting all the other parameters in all bands of the PCM.

There are 4 other parameters that have to be adjusted as well (this is what I’m being told) and don’t forget the Transmission set points.
And the accelerator is link to the (thrust/torque) coming out of tail end of the transmission. (my terminology might be incorrect here but I think I’m close).

So that being said, you are still hitting a limiter before the shift, and killing any speed you might have gained.

This is one of those things that is going to take a lot of time to sort out! This is still all new to everyone.

With me going Ford Racing Tune and stock exhaust I get to keep my 8 years 125,000 mile 0 deductible warranty.
Ford is not going to let you kill your truck in a year or two of constantly over revving it.

The phone and Bluetooth setup is not quick enough to read too many icons live, from what the instructions say,
so when I do another video I'll try only three live icons, and somewhere there is a RWHP icon but I think I have to download some plugins.

My truck shifts around 5900 to 6000 if I go by the tach in the dash.

Last edited:

Solid

Reaction score
yeah thats the big pita about importing the truck to Europe you dont get Ford warranty and its all up to the dealer.

And the main reson was that i have no clue about s/c and just let someone order and install the kit who has a knowlage about mustangs and whipple.

So i felt conifend. He order with JDM and got thier tune. Because he tought it would be to risky sending my PCm across the world.

I'm not in it for max HP just some more than stock. I would like the 500 rwhp and i think i got those just hoping they work out the little things.

I have a bit of tuning knowlage because i used a diablo trinity on my avalanche and got it custom tuned. But i'm new to the s/c and all.

So i hope that the hard shifting is resolved soon. because that is really annoying.

When i get the time i will try to see to get some vid up.

Thanks for all the info!

Stig1

Reaction score
Dropped off the truck today for the Whipple install! Rich at AutoIllustions in pittsburgh pa. is doing the job.

Unboxed the charger and the parts box... There is a lot of **** in that box!

Adding a borla cat back sport system, and a hand full of other stuff while there!

Not trying to squeeze every HP I can get, so hoping for problem free future.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 71

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Stig,
Can't wait till you bring that pile up to the shop when it's done.LOL
Think that will fit your 900 xp?

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
Moodster!!! Rich said he wants to jump the hill in front of his shop to test it out... I told him not to call me!

Goosebumps... It was raised a little but it wasnt' on my arms! :eek:

Stig1

Reaction score
Install going very well... well... well... Not really, little hickup with lost ECU, Sent out a unit that was A+ condition (truck has 2500 miles) What was received back today was NOT my ECU! Maybe Monday it'll be sorted out.

On another note. The quality of the kit was reported back to me as exceeding expectations with every part! everything. Rich is a great friend of mine, and his standards are not average. If he is impressed, I'm impressed.

Would have been done today, but I guess the really need that ECU thing to finish it up.

PS, with the reports of rough idles, and possible stalling, I guess when setting the supercharger on top of the intercooler, the space is extremely tight, and it would be easy to fold or tear the oring between them. For anyone in the future, tell your installer to remember to use a lot of lube to protect this step. Whipple said this was the case for one of the rough idling reports.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a big warning in the instructions about lubing the o-rings and being careful about placing the manifold ontop of the intercooler.

There are over 150 Raptors running Whipples now, to bad only a handful are on the forums.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no update on my truck at Ford Racing Michigan. Let's we heard it was the larger injectors causing issues with the fuel curve...... 1 week left and then it's coming back to be put back to stock and I'll have a $10k paper weight.