Whipple! To do or not to do!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamIAm

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s feelings on the whipple inter cooler and intake set up! My dealership says if I have them install it will not void any of my extended warranty! 2020 gen ford raptor!!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check with multiple places about the warranty after supercharging the engine. If they can prove that the SC'er had anything to do with the whatever failure, good luck.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s feelings on the whipple inter cooler and intake set up! My dealership says if I have them install it will not void any of my extended warranty! 2020 gen ford raptor!!

There is a lot of hype and branding baked into that kit. CAI have been proven to provide marginal to no performance gain over the factory intake(yet I run one cause I like the sound it makes). Whipple try’s to make it sound cool by saying it has a rotary molding, truth is it will not increase air pressure into your intake, it just sounds cool. The new inter cooler is more of a scare tactic, until you go up in turbo size, temperature increase will not be above what the factory can handle.

The chicken(or ham) dinner is the tune. But with that you can get a top of the line sct tuner with a 5 star tune for far less. Install the tune, able to do any ford firmware/software updates from your driveway. If by chance you need to take it to the dealer a quick factory reset and you have no question of breaking warranty.

I would get a tune and save your money not of the Whipple name. At least not for these handful of parts....

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of hype and branding baked into that kit. CAI have been proven to provide marginal to no performance gain over the factory intake(yet I run one cause I like the sound it makes). Whipple try’s to make it sound cool by saying it has a rotary molding, truth is it will not increase air pressure into your intake, it just sounds cool. The new inter cooler is more of a scare tactic, until you go up in turbo size, temperature increase will not be above what the factory can handle.

The chicken(or ham) dinner is the tune. But with that you can get a top of the line sct tuner with a 5 star tune for far less. Install the tune, able to do any ford firmware/software updates from your driveway. If by chance you need to take it to the dealer a quick factory reset and you have no question of breaking warranty.

I would get a tune and save your money not of the Whipple name. At least not for these handful of parts....

Most OEM’s can see evidence of a tune, it may be number of key cycles that gets reset or other specific values that may be out of spec compared to a normal. For example, with BMW when they plug in the vehicle for diagnostics if evidence of a tune is detected the system automatically black flags the warranty, the tech has nothing to say about it. Are you saying that it’s not like that on the Fords?

I’d be interested in a mild tune but not at the risk of losing the extended warranty I’ll be paying for.

If I were to swap in a CAI the only one I would trust to actually filter better than OEM is the Volant Powercore. Unfortunately the filter on their model for the Raptor is only a 6” diameter, that seems too small to feed air to a pair of turbos (I’d want one of those filters for each). Their CAI for the 6.2 Raptor was a 9.5”x8” oval with far more surface area. I’ll stick with factory filtration and change it frequently.