Anyway to update Sync4 system by not using OTA update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bilegt

Reaction score
Guys, I purchased my 22 gen3 from Ford authorized dealer in Mongolia, and somehow these trucks being officially sold in Mongolia don't come with TCU, which is basically the modem. So this means I cannot connect the truck with any wifi/hotspots, so my truck is basically offline truck. With offline truck, can not update Sync4 system to get an advantage of full screen Carplay and other minor updates. However wireless CarPlay works just fine, but it doesn't get internet connection from my phone. So as far as I know, I have few options:
-Buy TCU and install it, but not really sure if it is just plug in and play. Some programming might be required by ForScan perhaps, which I have no idea how?
-Manually update IMPA and other relative modules with respective files using ForScan. Don't really know if this works or not. If it works, have no idea how/where to get all updated module files from.
-Something to do with FDRS, which I am not familiar of.
-Local authorized dealer has know idea how to update Sync 4 system, don't think they will ever be.

Thanks in advance. I checked TCU behind rear passenger seat area and there is just a dummy plastic connected with wires.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll need to have a dealer do it. They most likely will not do it for free.

Sync3 use to allow manual download and updates but I havent found anything for the Sync4

So you don't have any connected car features?

OP
OP
bilegt

bilegt

Reaction score
You'll need to have a dealer do it. They most likely will not do it for free.

Sync3 use to allow manual download and updates but I havent found anything for the Sync4

So you don't have any connected car features?
No I don't. Can't use FordPass & FordPlay, no screen mirroring, no nothing. Only thing that works is wireless CarPlay and Bluetooth. No sort of internet connection whatsoever. Local dealer here is not Ford only dealer, this is basically a group company that imports bunch of different motor brands officially, so since they are not Ford specific, they don't know how to update it. We only have one local official dealer and that's it.

Asked from Ford US, and they said I need to contact with local dealer.

Corsarych

Reaction score
Hi,
if you speak russian, posiible guys from Novosibirsk could help (even with consulting) they are well known in Rus Pickup community, doing localisation and other electronic stuff with modern F-series/Ram etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter