Bead lock ring removal or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
If they talk them off, they need to be balanced with them on. I know this for a fact as a shop did my 19 and they balanced with them off and the truck shook at anything above 35 MPH. They were WAY out of balance when they rebalanced with the rings in place.
ohhhhhhh ok! Thanks DonMatteo!!! Got it!!!
Thanks Ant

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount Tire and many others etc etc in Phoenix said absolutely have to remove the simulated bead lock rings. San Tan Ford accessories guys did it with rings staying on and did a fine job. No scratches worth talking about or that I even noticed. Now I didn’t Q-Tip the lug nuts, but I am pretty ocd. Given how much can be messed up with removing and replacing the rings I believe it is better to leave them on if you have a great tire shop.

blazn5667

Reaction score
Wanted to revisit this...I just purchased a used set of these wheels for my raptor. Prior owner had the rings removed when he swapped out the wheels. I need to get tires installed but noticed the rings aren't fully bolted down. Does anyone know any specific instructions on how to install but more specifically in regards to any torque specs or just until tight is fine? Thanks in advance.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to revisit this...I just purchased a used set of these wheels for my raptor. Prior owner had the rings removed when he swapped out the wheels. I need to get tires installed but noticed the rings aren't fully bolted down. Does anyone know any specific instructions on how to install but more specifically in regards to any torque specs or just until tight is fine? Thanks in advance.
1710879176456.png1710879129673.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter