Bead lock ring removal or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monte87

Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I bought a set 2023 of 37pp raptor R wheels and gonna use w my 35 truck.. I love the look of those 37s way better than 35 wheels. Question, when swapping tires to new wheels and balancing them, should i remove bead lock ring?? I don't want the ring damaged.. Not sure what to do.

Thanks Anthony

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tire shop mounts and removes the tires from the opposite side, there is zero risk to rim damage. Every tire shop that does trucks all the time knows this. Make sure the shop has experience with trucks, a regular tire center like costco may or may not be able to get the tires removed and/or mounted due to the added thickness.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the tire shop has a modern tire machine that utilizes plastic pieces for tire removal it can be done without removing the beauty ring. I used my local ford dealer that had one of this type of tire machineon 9+ tires and not a single scratch leaving the rings on. Tried to save money when I purchased the 3rd set of tires, went to a small tire shop to get the tires mounted, asked before hand about the rings and was assured they could do it. Long story short, they scratched and scraped all four rings and some of the bolts were damaged by wrong size bit being used. Be careful with who you trust doing the work.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
If the tire shop mounts and removes the tires from the opposite side, there is zero risk to rim damage. Every tire shop that does trucks all the time knows this. Make sure the shop has experience with trucks, a regular tire center like costco may or may not be able to get the tires removed and/or mounted due to the added thickness.
Got it! Thanks so much!! I will make sure..
Anthony

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
If the tire shop has a modern tire machine that utilizes plastic pieces for tire removal it can be done without removing the beauty ring. I used my local ford dealer that had one of this type of tire machineon 9+ tires and not a single scratch leaving the rings on. Tried to save money when I purchased the 3rd set of tires, went to a small tire shop to get the tires mounted, asked before hand about the rings and was assured they could do it. Long story short, they scratched and scraped all four rings and some of the bolts were damaged by wrong size bit being used. Be careful with who you trust doing the work.
Pat, ty 4 reply and for sharing your story!!! I will ask my local guy if he does alot of trucks. He has a specialty shop, so im assuming YES!! But will make 1000% sure. or just remove the ring and reinstall myself afterwards.. Can we remove and reinstall later on with no issues?
Anthony

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they talk them off, they need to be balanced with them on. I know this for a fact as a shop did my 19 and they balanced with them off and the truck shook at anything above 35 MPH. They were WAY out of balance when they rebalanced with the rings in place.

Last edited:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
If they talk them off, they need to be balanced with them on. I know this for a fact as a shop did my 19 and they balanced with them off and the truck shook at anything above 35 MPH. They were WAY out of balance when they rebalanced with the rings in place.
this x100

Its a rotating assembly and it needs to be accounted for.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter