Bead Lock Ring Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

936kris

Reaction score
So I ordered new tires for my raptor. Discount tire stated they had to remove the bead lock rings in order to mount the tires. One was cross threaded and over half were boogered up pretty bad from hammering on them with an impact.

I went back. They replaced some with a gloss black bolt that doesn’t even match. Maybe I’m being picky, but it wasn’t in the condition I brought it so I’m a bit bothered.

I found this on the ford accessory website. Does anyone know if this is a direct replacement? May end up ordering out of my pocket.

?hash=2e6b1f6f1e01183e854fcba3857e7273.jpg

Attachments

• 3CAD0373-4081-4F7F-BF50-9CDD25DECE1E.jpeg
    3CAD0373-4081-4F7F-BF50-9CDD25DECE1E.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 5

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel your pain, same thing happened to my wheels the last time I had tires mounted even though I asked them before hand if they could do the job without removing the beauty rings. This was three years ago and I'm just now able to deal with trying to address the damage, get really pissed when I think of this.

OP
OP

936kris

Reaction score
I feel your pain, same thing happened to my wheels the last time I had tires mounted even though I asked them before hand if they could do the job without removing the beauty rings. This was three years ago and I'm just now able to deal with trying to address the damage, get really pissed when I think of this.
It’s pretty annoying really. I asked them not to and they said it’d damage their machine. Who knows.

I’m here now. They actually used the OEM bolts, they brought me the packages. I guess over time they will all match, who knows.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered new tires for my raptor. Discount tire stated they had to remove the bead lock rings in order to mount the tires. One was cross threaded and over half were boogered up pretty bad from hammering on them with an impact.

I went back. They replaced some with a gloss black bolt that doesn’t even match. Maybe I’m being picky, but it wasn’t in the condition I brought it so I’m a bit bothered.

I found this on the ford accessory website. Does anyone know if this is a direct replacement? May end up ordering out of my pocket.

View attachment 380140
Man thats horrible.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the local ford store mount two sets of tires prior to this and they did not remove the beauty rings and nary a scratch. The service writer took me to their tire machine and it was pretty impressive, lots of plastic pieces. I tried to save money and went to a small tire shop the last time and it cost me dearly, lesson learned.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own basically the baddest tire machine on the planet. And yea the "beadlock" rings will F an tire machine up. Next chance I get I will post pictures (will be a few months probably).

It is the "spokes" on the ring that chew stuff up.