Bead Lock Ring Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I've had the local ford store mount two sets of tires prior to this and they did not remove the beauty rings and nary a scratch. The service writer took me to their tire machine and it was pretty impressive, lots of plastic pieces. I tried to save money and went to a small tire shop the last time and it cost me dearly, lesson learned.
I after spending all that $$$, I use my dealer for everything including tires and have never had any issue

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own basically the baddest tire machine on the planet. And yea the "beadlock" rings will F an tire machine up. Next chance I get I will post pictures (will be a few months probably).

It is the "spokes" on the ring that chew stuff up.
So what did that cost you, and what model? Seriously, I'd do my own surgeries if they sucked as bad as most putting hands on other peoples vehicles these days.

If I were the manager at the shop the OP went to I'd probably be in jail for throwing the "tech" as far as I could out into traffic. Then again I might, just maybe, vet the people working for me. Seems to be a lost "art".

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what did that cost you, and what model? Seriously, I'd do my own surgeries if they sucked as bad as most putting hands on other peoples vehicles these days.

If I were the manager at the shop the OP went to I'd probably be in jail for throwing the "tech" as far as I could out into traffic. Then again I might, just maybe, vet the people working for me. Seems to be a lost "art".
It is near impossible to vet technicians also, as a shop owner I am 100% responsible for them. Meaning I can NOT make the employee pay for their mistakes. My only recourse is to fire them, and it is hard to find people. But the winds of change are starting to blow, and personally I can't wait.

Bluto

Reaction score
I had discount damage 6 of my wheels at one time. They scratched every single one of my summer wheels to the point I had to have them re-powdercoated. They also scrated up 2 of my winter beadlocks that I had just had powdercaoated and had to be re-done. They paid for all of the repairs,but I watch them like a hawk now anytime they have hands on my stuff. My suggestion to everyone is to remove your beauty rings yourself any time you have tires changed over. Also take pictures of each wheel before you give them anything. And that really goes for any tire shop, not just discount.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'll say this about discount... While I had a similar experience with a TE37 I watched them drop, it's apparent in this thread they almost always do what's right by the customer and I had zero issues with them getting the wheel repaired.

They still get my business.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They trashed a beadlock of mine. I went to have my tires rotated and for some reason they had the beadlock ring off, upside down and going to town on the impact. Told me they would replace it until they found out the cost. Then they wanted to have it repaired. It all depends on the location and the employee that gets your keys that day i guess!