GEN 1 Whipple Kit Install :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of “superiority” too.

They also machine alum adapters to mount horribly inefficient stock/ford/Eaton superchargers on the coyote 5.0.
Soooo ehhhhh.
“Look how smart we are!!”

They calibrated the Anemometer by hanging it out the window of a truck at 40mph and 50mph.......
But use the words “scientific method” in the first paragraph?? Ahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

WOW! Nothing more needs to be said. REALLY?
Come on...... REALLY?

I just had to add.....

“Judgement calls”
And
“Average seat of the pants”

“On line calculators”

Scientific Method at its FINEST!!!

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be leaving my fans on the exchanger . I can see blockage of air flow depending in size of the motors of the fan .

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far hard high speed driving has almost got my temp to half way on the gauge, almost...
will see how it does in the summer. I'm glad I put in the bigger Rad.

Still love driving it more than B4. (obviously) and the sound :)

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Temps close to 80 deg today , New radiator working flawless , coolant temps at speed 80+mph staying around 200ish . Removing the big exchanger made big difference in airflow. Still toying with a stand alone fan control or wire one fan on all the time and let other one run automatically . Summer soon ,we will see when temps start climbing next few months

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so far hard high speed driving has almost got my temp to half way on the gauge, almost...
will see how it does in the summer. I'm glad I put in the bigger Rad.

Still love driving it more than B4. (obviously) and the sound :)

Are you watching temp through obd2 port ? Guage on your dash stays in same spot , from 190 to 240 deg coolant . Scan tool or programmer best way to monitor coolant temp

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. I checked it the last few days on guage mode in the pod - trans temp ranges from 195 - 203 when driving.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gist of it they are saying is HE fans block too much air flow at speed But are excellent under 28 mph.

Was the same conclusion the guys with 03-04 Cobra came to. If you are doing a lot of idling and low speeds in hot temps, fans on the heat exchange worked well. Anything above city driving speeds and they became detrimental.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE for you guys - specifically about cooling questions.

I towed the boat to LP last weekend, there was issue with the boat so I had to bring it back, then back to lake, then back.
it's about a 5 hr drive each way, plenty of grades to pull, so I kept an eye on the Temps.... 20+ hrs driving towing the boat and loaded truck.

IMG_4273.jpg

I also gotta say, the TOW/HAUL worked awesome with the blower!!
typically it held the gear to about 5# and would downshift. dropped a gear when going down hills a speed.
Very pleased. Also played with it in manual, and thumb shifted. Also an enjoyable way to drive with boost.

OK, TEMP....
it was 102 degrees outside, towing a load under boost. the Temp gauge never moved past half way on the range.
on long hills the Rear-end temp would go up to about 3/4, then back to middle on level ground.
Very happy with the bigger Radiator and fan setup. Stock fan is still hovercraft loud, handled everything like a champ. burned plenty of fuel :) good times.

IMG_4292.jpg

Just wanted to share the stats w you guys :D

IMG_4291.jpg

Last edited: