Baja Designs Behind Grill Kit with Laser Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Alright, I've held off on posting till I got everything properly aimed and did some testing. I reached out to @Specialtyperformanceparts to procure @Baja Designs Laser Hybrid light bars to run with their behind grill kit along with the S2 Pros spot/ cornering for the fogs #allthelight.

After installing with the provided SPV harnesses (Shout out to John and Sydney!) I made the unfortunate error in tightening the light bar too much which resulted in having to pull everything apart when it came time to aim them. So don't do what I did, check you can move them before putting everything back together. Aside from that install was super easy.

Alright, enough talking time for pics.

All buttoned up at my buddy's shop
20231008_162950.jpg
First night home before aiming
20231009_200309.jpg
Baja S2 Pro only with no ambient light in a neighborhood under construction.
20231012_200052.jpg
Laser Hybrid only pushing light into a complex lighting environment 600 yards out. Down range report was that there was light on the house at the end of the street just can't really rectify with the naked eye.
20231012_200134.jpg
Laser Hybrid only at my local range 500 yards. Not the best pic but I could positively ID the steel target at 500 yards. At 600, I could see something was there, but I was unable to rectify what it was with the naked eye.
20231017_193345.jpg
All distances were lazed with a Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder.

For those unfamiliar, the 10 inch laser hybrid (2 in the behind grill kit) have 2 Laser drivers, 2 racer spots, and if I'm not mistaken, 2 driving combo on each bar. This gives you a nice balance to fill multiple zones with one bar. If you are familiar with Baja's zones, this fills zones 3, 4, 5 & 51. With the s2 pro spot and wide cornering, it fills zones 1 & 2.

Overall the two 10 inch Laser hybrids provide a very well rounded lighting package. The only thing I'm looking to add in the future would be LP4s on the A pillar. I feel this is the only zone I'm missing going through corners. The laser in this size isn't overwhelming with the hot spot either where it would become visually distracting. Make no mistake though, this thing puts out light. Just remember, it's not all about Lumens, this only tells part of the story with lights.

Hope it all makes sense, I wanted to put out some info on these lights being I don't see a ton of people running these (I suspect due to cost). These lights were paid for by me and the only discount were the normal ones SPV offers with no promises of my thoughts or review. My frame of reference on lights and lighting technology is from the firearms industry where like the automotive industry, originally started out all about the lumens. I will give credit to Baja, they are the few who make a good attempt at conveying ratings to really tell you what the light is doing down range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sparda1123

Reaction score
That is a good amount of light, Looks great, nicely done. How hard was the install?
Pretty straight forward honestly. The tedious part is taking it all apart for the first time. The second time I did it to loosen the bracket to aim them took me no time at all. Maybe 2.5 hours the first time. We did both the light bars and fogs in 4 hours taking our time.

Last edited:

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alright, I've held off on posting till I got everything properly aimed and did some testing. I reached out to @Specialtyperformanceparts to procure @Baja Designs Laser Hybrid light bars to run with their behind grill kit along with the S2 Pros spot/ cornering for the fogs #allthelight.

After installing with the provided SPV harnesses (Shout out to John and Sydney!) I made the unfortunate error in tightening the light bar too much which resulted in having to pull everything apart when it came time to aim them. So don't do what I did, check you can move them before putting everything back together. Aside from that install was super easy.

Alright, enough talking time for pics.

All buttoned up at my buddy's shop
View attachment 428077
First night home before aiming
View attachment 428073
Baja S2 Pro only with no ambient light in a neighborhood under construction.
View attachment 428074
Laser Hybrid only pushing light into a complex lighting environment 600 yards out. Down range report was that there was light on the house at the end of the street just can't really rectify with the naked eye.
View attachment 428075
Laser Hybrid only at my local range 500 yards. Not the best pic but I could positively ID the steel target at 500 yards. At 600, I could see something was there, but I was unable to rectify what it was with the naked eye.
View attachment 428076
All distances were lazed with a Vortex Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder.

For those unfamiliar, the 10 inch laser hybrid (2 in the behind grill kit) have 2 Laser drivers, 2 racer spots, and if I'm not mistaken, 2 driving combo on each bar. This gives you a nice balance to fill multiple zones with one bar. If you are familiar with Baja's zones, this fills zones 3, 4, 5 & 51. With the s2 pro spot and wide cornering, it fills zones 1 & 2.

Overall the two 10 inch Laser hybrids provide a very well rounded lighting package. The only thing I'm looking to add in the future would be LP4s on the A pillar. I feel this is the only zone I'm missing going through corners. The laser in this size isn't overwhelming with the hot spot either where it would become visually distracting. Make no mistake though, this thing puts out light. Just remember, it's not all about Lumens, this only tells part of the story with lights.

Hope it all makes sense, I wanted to put out some info on these lights being I don't see a ton of people running these (I suspect due to cost). These lights were paid for by me and the only discount were the normal ones SPV offers with no promises of my thoughts or review. My frame of reference on lights and lighting technology is from the firearms industry where like the automotive industry, originally started out all about the lumens. I will give credit to Baja, they are the few who make a good attempt at conveying ratings to really tell you what the light is doing down range.
Hey,
thank you for sharing. The lighting package looks really good on the Raptor :)

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WOW! That looks great!
I am so happy the install was easy aside from that one overtightening issue.

And thank you so much for such a positive review! We really appreciate you allowing us to earn your business! If we can ever be of assistance to you with anything else, please let me know. I would be happy to help you out with your LP4 A-Pillar Kit whenever you are ready for it, too.

Thanks again!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any pics right after unboxing them or a link to exactly which lights they are? Looks awesome.
Here is the link to those laser light bars. Please let me know if you would like a similar setup as to what he got with our patented plug-and-play harness system, I would be happy to help you out and create your cart for you. I am also happy to answer any questions you may have. You can call or text me at the number below. It is my direct line.

I hope to have the opportunity to earn your business!

Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter