GEN 1 Whipple Kit Install :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What specs did you go with? I’m building my package now with Nick from @JimIII@JDM Not sure who will do the install since my truck is in Seattle and I’m in Korea. Looking at mostly Las Begas/Nevada driving after I return to the states. Getting the heat exchanger for sure and probably do the oil pump gears since I know how I drive.

Might as well get the larger transmission oil cooler while it's all apart.

bsimms89

Reaction score
I got my parts from Jdm, they did a great job with the tune. I went with their 700hp package with the dual 65mm ford racing throttle body and 78lb/hr fuel injectors, while I was installing that I also did the livernois billet oil pump gear, kook headers and exhaust. I didn’t do the larger heat exchanger and fans but I’ll see what my temps stay at.

Just took it out for its first rip today and I have to say it’s a blast! Can’t wait to get back in the drivers seat

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my SPAL fans mounted on smaller original heat exchanger . 9 inch fans move a lot of air for their size. hope to finish install next few days . Work thing keeps getting in the way

IMG_20190215_173641.jpg

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Supposedly GEN 1 Raptors got this larger 9 row Transmission coolerinstalled on trucks exported to Saudi Arabia. Found them on Tasca Website https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...asy-dl3z7a095b. Raptor specific vendors are selling these around $150 bucks. Tasca is $100+. Got mine installed on My Tremor this morning took about 10 min to install , cut 3 inches from inlet hose .

Cooler 2.jpg

cooler 4.jpg

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The larger (export) transmission oil cooler is typical to the larger Ford trucks in the states. I got mine from Auto Nation White Bear Lake for $100 + postage. Great guys to deal with. Closer to you than Tasca, so maybe less postage. Part #DL3Z-7A095-B.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the larger trans cooler is a good idea Gary,

Macf, apart from radiator and things like that in the thread, I also replaced my plug wires.
if you do the radiator you have to clear out and re-charge the AC. other than that, i'd highly recommend having them adjust when the stock cooling fans come on.
I didn't think to have that done on mine, but will get it tuned in soon, in summer mine runs all the time when it's over 90 and they're so loud. the Cooler fans are noticeable, but not so loud that you squint your left eye, and can't hear at drive in's.... ;)

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man. With me projected to go to Vegas after this tour I’m all in for keeping the truck cool over max power.