GEN 1 Whipple Kit Install :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, reliability and powa!
hey if you decide to go with the radiator, Karl at API ordered mine, good price.
PM me your number if you want i'll text you his info.

Also wondering, have we talked on a different forum? your name is familiar.
I've been a work a haulic for too long, so i'd also love the bead on any local cruzes you may know of ;)

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably here. I was stationed at Hill for three years. You probably saw me running around in Raptor. White with an SVC front bumper.

Go west. Tons of area to play or south east side of eagle mountain.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, a few weeks of driving and I gotta say I love this mod.
you guys know the Raptor drives really good stock, and now it's just fantastic.

So worth it, and it's not a cheap upgrade. Drive-ability improved quite a bit since rebirth as the computer worked it's tables. Shifting is smooth and tight, power is just great, but you can still drive nice and ez if you want. RPM winds up more, smooth quick shifts. good stuff.

D-bags on the freeway, push gas pedal = downshift-whaaaaaAAA, 100mph pass. love that!!!

when it looses traction, the computer catches it in about one second, then 1-2 seconds later back on the timing, I like that a lot. My mustang goes sideways if you're not careful, this is more drive able. I haven't had any issue with wheel hop, It also will lift the front a little under hard acceleration.
The sound of the blower whine, and added exhause tone is great. Very Happy Cusotmer. default_2tup.gif

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finished up on Saturday , much improved airflow now. Installed new rubber wind deflectors, it captures all air coming through lower vent holes on bumper. Tested with leaf blower .New radiator , hoses ,main cooling fans , thermostat , intercooler pump , old heat exchanger with 9 inch SPAL fans. I'm ready for summer now

IMG_20190225_171620.jpg

IMG_20190225_171606.jpg

IMG_20190225_171613.jpg

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good!

So you wired the fans to pull instead push, I wonder if the fan fins are designed run either way.
In any case, now that the fans are closer to the cooling coils, AC condenser and radiator,
Do you feel any air making it though with just the HE fans running and engine off?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the fans as Pullers. They move a lot of air for their size. Air from them does not make it through to radiator. I have 15 psi cap on now until i'm sure all the air is out i will switch over to 19psi cap. So far i see difference at speed where before i would creep up to 215 deg then fans kick on low speed and would drop down to 200 ,fans go off and would creep up again . Now i'm staying just under 200 and only creeps up in stop and go traffic . I think the smaller exchanger will do fine instead of the massive one that was blocking all the air. It may not have reserve capacity being a smaller system on a long boost run , but in 120 deg summer i try to stay out of boost much as possible. I mostly keep tabs on coolant temps and Cabin A/C temps, being broke down in middle of summer is not good. But I have an idea been playing around with, this summer i may wire one main fan to upfitter switch same one as heat exchanger and trans fans and other fan to High speed Fan relay . That way one main fan is always running and if temps get high enough other will kick on . I did notice last summer with fans on full improved A/C cabin temps. vs the years before. Running 1 fan electrical load is minimized . See what happens when it starts getting warmer out.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why I have the radiator fans adjusted.
And having all four fans on in a heat wave in traffic has worked well for me.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gist of it they are saying is HE fans block too much air flow at speed But are excellent under 28 mph. I unscientifically tested last night with leaf blower, fans do allow quite bit of air to flow through except where motors are . Thinking best setup up maybe larger HE without the fans , and install side plates to shroud HE to A/C condenser and use main cooling fans to pull all air. Also says pusher fans are far worse for flow than puller fan .