6.2 What the hell do I do with....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The custom shop in Wilmington was a lot more.
Mike at 5star had a great price, but is booked into January and is 3 hours away.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

If your going to do it yourself. I can at least lend a hand.

I already owe yeah! I think you just want to come to the beach!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The custom shop in Wilmington was a lot more.
Mike at 5star had a great price, but is booked into January and is 3 hours away.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I already owe yeah! I think you just want to come to the beach!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Yup. Busted. Just offering to help.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about doing this on my own.

I went back and reread Nic's install and I don't know why, but I felt challenged, not scared as I should be...

ok the header install sucked. lots of cursing an beer drinking, hell i think i even made up some new curse words during the install because i got bored of saying the same ones so many times. i have scrapes on my arms from the elbows down because how tight it all is. the instructions SW provides sucked something awful. they need more pics and some tips. the only pics they had where black and white and not clear. everyone knows their instructions sucks as well as SW. they are working on putting out a better set....

even with the motor lifted and the started out and the wheels off its tighter than a dolphins *******. luckily the manifold studs came out fairly easy. i knew i was in trouble when the manifolds were tough to pull out of place tho. getting the headers in was a treat. i dont even remember how exactly i got them in but it involded different angles and twisting and i think i may of stood on my head once or twice, who the hell knows i think i just got lucky. only advice here is make sure u have the bottom bolts in and leave just enough threads out to hook the header on it. other wise getting those bolts in is very difficult. also if u have a moroso oil catch can remove it. it gives u a bit more clearnce and viewing angle.

now as far as the header bolts, if u get locking bolts like i did(stage 8) put them on when u put the bolts in. my buddy said we should wait till we do some heat cycles then re-torque then do the lockers, well u need 2 hands to install the locking clips and once the engine is mounted back in and the starter is in u can get to some bolts to install the clips any more. u can reach them with a socket but not with your hand....FML...so i got more than half the locker clips on but some are just torqued and after i put some miles on it ill have to re-torque them, o well. o yeah dont miss a single step and go out of order when u re-install parts. i forgot to put the oil dipstick in and i dropped the motor back down and had the started in and guess what....couldnt get the dip sitck pipe back in. had to lift the motor and pull the starter out, put the dip stick tube back in and then put back the starter and drop the motor back in, yikes!

list of some things that will make life easier
all different lengths of ratchet/socket extestions, have some long ones like 18" or more
pivot sockets are a must!!
copper thermal anti-sieze
i did plug wire insulators to be safe
tie wraps to tie wires up out of the way here and there.
extra set of hands, remember that project u helped your buddy with, its time for payback
lots and lots of cold beer. if it wasnt for that i would of lost it multiple times

as i think of more info ill follow up. any questions feel free to ask. hoping to get pics and vid up tomorrow night,

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Feel free to ask any Q's YJ. Glad to help any way possible. If u can do basic work on your rig u can do it. Just make sure u have all the tools necessary and patience/beer.

Like I said just dont skip a step or miss a small recommendation as its all necessary and can come back to bite u. Also dont forget to mark the steering shaft so u put it back correctly. I also tied off the steering so it doesn't spin by mistake.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Feel free to ask any Q's YJ. Glad to help any way possible. If u can do basic work on your rig u can do it. Just make sure u have all the tools necessary and patience/beer.

Like I said just dont skip a step or miss a small recommendation as its all necessary and can come back to bite u. Also dont forget to mark the steering shaft so u put it back correctly. I also tied off the steering so it doesn't spin by mistake.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Good tips.
I'll be reading through the horrible instructions later tonight.

I tried to look up those locking bolts, but I didn't see the 6.2 listed on the web site. Did you have to call them?

Also, where did you pick up the thermal sleeves for the wires?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Lol.... nice stasch!

BTW Beer and bacon goes on sale tomorrow.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com