What else are they going to try and sell me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So what if you replace the windsheild, will they put it on the next one for free?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Basically it acts like RAIN-X. Nothing sticks to your windsheild and has very little glare at night in rainy situations.

no it's a theft deterrent supposedly, but it's more just another upsell.

VIN etching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One would think the dealer would throw in some high society washer fluid...safari as etching the windshield...never heard of that...but wow great marketing idea...

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what I said was "I don't want to make a mockery of your sales process, but I will tell you right now I don't want anything additional you might try to sell me"

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

I told the sales guy this almost exactly on my last two purchases, something like "tell your finance guy I'm not interested in any extended warranties, teflon coatings etc." In both instances the finance guys still tried to sell me those things and a few other add ons. ****** me off.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i emailed the guy that i wanted a raptor, went into the dealership 2 days after test drove it. Came up with a price upfront... was 6k cheaper than anywhere else brand new around here. I told the guy right there and then.... This is the final price i am going to pay... dont try to sell me anything else because i can do it myself for a fraction of the cost good bye.
5 long months after I get a email saying it's here... went and gave him the cheque took the keys and left and never seen that dealership ever again.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing i bought in to was the pain protection called "symoniz glasscoat" my sales mans a family friend and he showed it to me on his tux black truck and it looked good the 7 year repaint any thing that they cant get off the paint got me to get it.... its on the leather too...7 year stain removal or i get new seats...and they gave me a deal on it.. 350$ instead of the normal 570$ its also supost to help deture scratches...

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I bought it with... well.... i know some people dont get it..... beating the shit out of it. I bought it because I needed a truck and not a jeep.. and i needed a 4x4 to get to my hunting/fishing grounds. I told the guy what it was for and he just had a durf face :0

The last thing I care about is my paint/body panels ect. Priority goes to all the parts that are moving me through deep mud and able to absorb a huge jump. Oh and rust. Other than that who knows maybe ill give it a new paint job in like 7 years.... i plan to drive this thing until shit starts to fall apart...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Is payment insurance like blinker fluid and muffler bearings?

It's not a bad idea if you're paying over sticker or close to sticker, as many Raptor owners have. it basically covers you against totaling your rig when it's worth less than what you owe on it. That's gap insurance. And then there is payment insurance for if you're sick or dead.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

rap7or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm dead, someone else can worry about making payments.

Check with your insurance provider about GAP insurance. I have it with my policy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the extended warranty? What is the history of these trucks with warranty isssues? With all the electronics on new vehicles I"ve purchesed the extended protection plan. I don't know the cost on a Raptor or if it's worth it.