2023 New Raptor and Missing Options - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foreman1967

Reaction score
Hello all, as the title states I recently bought a Code Orange Raptor and I love the truck. However it did rub me the wrong way that I was missing the heated wheel and the security package. So having a ton of experience with Forscan on other F150s, I ordered the parts to get these 2 items working as it should have been when it was built.

I ordered the HVAC controls that have the digital readouts and the heated wheel button - I just think the numbered dials just add a little more pizazz to the truck, however you can add the button on the screen and don't have to replace the controls. If you do want to replace them I ordered part number ML3T-18C612-DE and then a little Forscan magic. This will also activate the indicator on the main screen that shows the heated wheel is active when you turn it on - it's the little things that excite me apparently.
HVAC 1.jpg
HSW Button.jpg

I then ordered the SCCM (clockspring) under the steering wheel since we all generally have the heated wheel and the missing piece is the wiring in the clockspring. This is actually all you need as in most of the truck the rest of the wiring to the BCM is already there. I ordered part number ML3Z 3F79 1HB Housing Assembly Steering Column. This is very easy to change out and then again some Forscan changes so the truck knows the heated wheel is there - sorry I didn't take pictures but this part number includes the button for the powered column adjustment.

My truck also did not come with the advanced security pack - this is a module in the overhead console, your truck will have the wiring and it will be connected to a blue box that is a blank and is empty. I ordered part number LC5Z 15K609A. Again this is very easy to change out, then write the code in Forscan and then recalibrate the module. Then you will have the intrusion alarm system activated for the interior of the truck and it will text you if the system activates for any reason - I tested mine out after install and it works great.

I know many writeups are probably out there for these things but I wanted to put out the part numbers in one place that worked for me in my truck.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty nice its all there at least, with how valuable these trucks are to thieves im surprised they left out security features. Also wondering if these were pretty much plug n play on the last two, they dont do the same thing that GM does and offer putting them on when theyre available. Brother had his heated steering done under that by the dealer at no cost.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
My truck also did not come with the advanced security pack - this is a module in the overhead console, your truck will have the wiring and it will be connected to a blue box that is a blank and is empty. I ordered part number LC5Z 15K609A. Again this is very easy to change out, then write the code in Forscan and then recalibrate the module. Then you will have the intrusion alarm system activated for the interior of the truck and it will text you if the system activates for any reason - I tested mine out after install and it works great.
This is great

Do you mind sharing your steps to get this working, or is it exactly the same as laid out here - https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f150-advanced-security-pack.4240/post-328062

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
pretty nice its all there at least, with how valuable these trucks are to thieves im surprised they left out security features. Also wondering if these were pretty much plug n play on the last two, they dont do the same thing that GM does and offer putting them on when theyre available. Brother had his heated steering done under that by the dealer at no cost.
That's awesome, I'm sure most dealers wouldn't touch that as the truck didn't come with it. But I'm sure there are some good ones out there. My home town dealer never know what to expect when I trade as I always upgrade my truck with features they didn't come with. My 2018 XLT had folding mirrors with Lincoln auto fold, park assist, 8" cluster and console shifter etc when I traded it in, none of which it came with. It's a lot of fun and I can't leave anything alone

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the HVAC control worth the time and effort? Does it require Forscan or is it plug and play? I ask because I remember seeing someone here post that they just swapped the other one in and it worked fine.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the HVAC controls worth the time and effort? Does it require Forscan or is it plug and play? I ask because I remember seeing someone here post that they just swapped the other one in and it worked fine.
You need forscan for a new one. If you get a used one it would be plug and play if the same options were enabled on the other truck.

Last edited: