Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palady

Reaction score
The button the the wheel isn’t for the heated steering wheel, that is to change the feel while driving the truck. The button for the heated wheel is down on the center stack at the bottom left for 21-22 trucks.
I feel like an idiot smh. Now that you mentioned that my old gt350 had something like that.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I picked up our new truck last week they had me sign a document stating that the truck is missing the heated steering wheel,it's not a mistake on Ford's end and there will be no retrofit. At least general motors is retrofitting later on. When you spend this much money on a truck it should damn sure come with everything THEY said it would at the time you ordered it. I can live without the heated wheel. It's the principle .

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I picked up our new truck last week they had me sign a document stating that the truck is missing the heated steering wheel,it's not a mistake on Ford's end and there will be no retrofit. At least general motors is retrofitting later on. When you spend this much money on a truck it should damn sure come with everything THEY said it would at the time you ordered it. I can live without the heated wheel. It's the principle .
Unfortunately, principle doesn't mean squat to Ford. You still bought the truck.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can retrofit the steering wheel with heat. You need the clock spring, two pigtail wires to power the heater, the steering wheel, and ForScan. You can swap the hvac controls, but it’s not necessary. I have a few heated steering wheels with code orange or black stitching if you’re looking for one. Here’s what people with F-150’s are using. You can get the controls here: https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oem-parts/ford-control-ml3z19980k

Attachments

• DAC738D6-0D97-47AF-8284-846B9A661FD9.jpeg
    DAC738D6-0D97-47AF-8284-846B9A661FD9.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
You can retrofit the steering wheel with heat. You need the clock spring, two pigtail wires to power the heater, the steering wheel, and ForScan. You can swap the hvac controls, but it’s not necessary. I have a few heated steering wheels with code orange or black stitching if you’re looking for one. Here’s what people with F-150’s are using. You can get the controls here: https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oem-parts/ford-control-ml3z19980k
So, this will be 100% factory? The pig tail wires are even factory? Just wanting everything to be like stock from factory if I do this.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Also, are all these parts from Ford? Mainly the terminal kit, which I’m not even sure what that is. And, the HVAC controls will have the heated wheel button?

Thank you!