What do we think of Antimatter Blue???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
Those who own AMB, what do you think?

I love black cars/trucks, but I'm looking for something a bit different this time around. The blue looks good at the right angle, but it seems that the viewing angle to see the color could be very narrow. Thus, it appears that it looks mostly very, very dark.

For the owners that have had some experience with it, do you feel that it's basically just a really dark truck?

Or, do you get to enjoy the blue IRL much more than what pictures seem to depict?

Also, I'm assuming that this color works best with a black interior and not the blue. Do you agree?

TIA.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a BMW color called Carbon black which is almost the same. Black in dim light, blue hue when in the sun. Much different than just you black or metallic black. It does change color

Fat Panda

Reaction score
When the truck is clean, and it’s a nice sunny day outside the blue pops at any angle, especially the metallic in the paint. When it’s dirty and an over cast day from a distance the truck mostly looks black until you get near it then you can see the blue. On over cast days the blue will come through with varying angles and almost reminds me of a color shifting paint job.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think it is a cool color. My mid nineties bronco was very similar in color-perhaps a bit lighter. the biggest issue is all of the rock chips and scratches will def show big time.

Derrick

Reaction score
I am hoping it's going to be better in person as this was not my first choice. I could not picture the blue only Recaro seats to look decent with the other color options, unless I could have seen it in person and that may have changed my mind. If the Recaro option was black I would have definitley picked another color as I am OCD on Black as it shows every mark, more then others. My Gen2 was Ruby Red and not by choice as it was the only truck available at the time and really lilked the color more later then at the time. White was what I would have considered first, anyways lots of Paint protection film the day it comes off the lot and some ceramic coating everywhere else.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I ordered Antimatter blue on mine without really seeing it on anything yet. I love black but also love a metallic flake in a paint. I love the fact that this color is so dark it looks black in 90% of the lighting and then when the sun hits it, wow it looks gorgeous. Had a similiar color on a Harley in the past and loved it. I saw AMB down in Daytona on an Expedition finally and it looked premium and confirmed my color choice for me. Agree with the concerns of showing swirl marks, dirt, etc but that is the case for any dark color that I always seem to gravitate toward.