Avalanche Gray or Antimatter Blue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a chance to order a Raptor R, and I can’t decide between going light or dark. I have a 2013 SVT in Terrain (hands down the best color for the truck, imo) and am disappointed they didn’t bring it back when they brought back a V8. What are everyone’s thoughts on AG and AMB? The Gen 3s look awesome in both colors, but I’ve never seen AMB in person. What should I do?
I was faced with the similar dilemma. Ultimately I went with AG because of my fear of spending my time between car washes and filling stations. Luckily i haven't had to worry too much since my R has been "in production" since 1/24/23. i don't even know what that means. The dealer said their internal messaging showed the truck would arrive at their dealership today......but it's not there......so I'm of the opinion you can't really rely on anything Ford tells you anymore. I'm not grouchy, I know they are doing everything they can to get the vehicles out, but holy cow, R's seem to be really lagging. If resale means anything, the AMB and the White R's sold well below other colors on BAT for the R's so I'm guessing AMB and White are the colors nobody wants.

OP
OP
A

AndrewUSMC

Reaction score
I was faced with the similar dilemma. Ultimately I went with AG because of my fear of spending my time between car washes and filling stations. Luckily i haven't had to worry too much since my R has been "in production" since 1/24/23. i don't even know what that means. The dealer said their internal messaging showed the truck would arrive at their dealership today......but it's not there......so I'm of the opinion you can't really rely on anything Ford tells you anymore. I'm not grouchy, I know they are doing everything they can to get the vehicles out, but holy cow, R's seem to be really lagging. If resale means anything, the AMB and the White R's sold well below other colors on BAT for the R's so I'm guessing AMB and White are the colors nobody wants.
I imagine that when it comes time to part ways with this truck, there will be far fewer AMBs on the market than AGs, based on what others are saying about their current popularity. People sprung for the “new” gray. After seeing it in person, it’s way less interesting than my current Terrain SVT, so I went for the AMB. Not that I’m going to be getting it anytime soon.

Reaction score
AMB FOR SURE. Total PITA to keep clean, shows swirls and very minor scratches a lot too. I ended up doing a ceramic coating, realized it wasnt enough, and went back and PPFd the whole damn thing. Love it and wouldn't trade it.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMB is so damn sexy, evryday im drooling over this spaceship haha . I cannot stop admiring its chameleon like abilitys . Dope. The thing is you cannot see it in pics. Go see the colors in person if possible.
black at night ,deep dark blue/purple in the shade and shiny blue n green diamonds in the sun.. This is worth the extra maintenance imo. Those who own it know it too. Yeah so what if its got swirlys ,its a ******* Raptor !
I had Leadfoot and i like the metallic colors way better after having AMB

Attachments

• 20230330_135629-01.jpeg
    20230330_135629-01.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 66

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hang out in the Costco parking lot? I know you got those handy dandy shovels from Mr. Costco.

I found another Raptor at Costco one time. Lots more room in the lot and the food is cheaper. Tube steaks, fries, pizza, chicken strips and ice cream.

View attachment 401257
Hah! Yes, as a Raptor owner I do not mind the extra steps to the store in order to have room to park!