Avalanche Gray or Antimatter Blue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I made this choice yesterday, it was an easy one. The depth and dynamic range makes AMB the clear winner to me, but I know what I’m getting into maintenance wise. If you want an easy color, I’d choose Iconic over Avalanche 100 out of 100 times, it’s really great in person.

12110AF5-6FC7-466C-9BCE-A716906CE76F.jpeg
05C5D74A-1990-4607-83D4-5C32EB9BC9DB.jpeg

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Gen 2 shows how much simpler the Gen 3's front end is in comparison. I got an Avalanche because it is a nice color, cooler in the summer, looks good, and as mentioned easier to maintain but not as boring as white. Either way... usually can't go wrong in a Raptor!

OP
OP
A

AndrewUSMC

Reaction score
Carbonized grey.amb is never clean, can't touch it up after some jealous bastard slams his door into it without it looking like a black blob. But it's beautiful in the sun for the rare 5 minutes it stayed clean. Code orange looks great on the r tooView attachment 400910
The carbonized gray is cool but looks like pencil lead to me. One of my coworkers got a regular F150 in that color and it’s nice but not my jam.

OP
OP
A

AndrewUSMC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Super helpful. I happened to come across an Avalanche Raptor on base today (had never seen it before) and it looked awesome, but it made me decide to go with AMB. I figure I’d regret it if I didn’t give it a swing. Thanks for the votes, I’ll post pics when it arrives!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Do you hang out in the Costco parking lot? I know you got those handy dandy shovels from Mr. Costco.

I found another Raptor at Costco one time. Lots more room in the lot and the food is cheaper. Tube steaks, fries, pizza, chicken strips and ice cream.

View attachment 401257
No way that’s a Costco!?
The one near me is so FNING Crazy
That there was a 5-car pile up in the parking lot, with a roll-over, during the Christmas season. MFers don’t play here…
#leaving Las Vegas

@AndrewUSMC , I apologize for the temporary De-Railing of your thread.
Looking forward to the pictures of your new Raptor!
GO ARMY…
#BE ALL YOU CAN BE

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way that’s a Costco!?
The one near me is so FNING Crazy
That there was a 5-car pile up in the parking lot, with a roll-over, during the Christmas season. MFers don’t play here…
#leaving Las Vegas
That was before opening and during the lockdown. I can assure you that lot is bonkers on the weekends.