Vortec 6200 Z71 vs Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My response to anyone challenging me to a "drag race" would be, sure, let me go get one of my other cars.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My response to anyone challenging me to a "drag race" would be, sure, let me go get one of my other cars.

Haha, yeah. Since I don't have the Mach1 anymore, I'll challenge anyone to a drag race on who can go the furthest before stopping for gas. I'll go get the Focus. :supergay: :ROFLJest:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Raptor 6.2's with 35" tires aren't going to hit 60 in 6.5 and they aren't going to do the 1/4 in 14.6 secs.

Here are some real world numbers:

First Drive Review: 2010 6.2-liter V-8 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor - PickupTrucks.com News

from the article:
" we measured a best zero-to-60 mph time of 7.61 seconds"
"In the quarter-mile, we hit 89.04 mph in 15.86 seconds."

Those GM 6.2's are beasts! I'm not sure a Raptor could take one in a drag race. But why would you want to drag race a Raptor?

I must add to this that this was my truck and that test was performed in a nasty 35-40mph headwind.......so take it for what it's worth.

To the OP, this isn't a race between two wide receiver's, it's between to linebacker's, so it's not going to be some thrilling experience. Although I think he may edge you out just a bit, he will not "murder", "kill", "****", "burn", "torch" or "hand you your ass". It could come down to a driver's race and traction off the line would obviously play a roll. I know with my mods, miy truck runs much better up top than down low. He pulls out the win but not by bus lenghts or anything.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the OP, this isn't a race between two wide receiver's, it's between to linebacker's, so it's not going to be some thrilling experience. Although I think he may edge you out just a bit, he will not "murder", "kill", "****", "burn", "torch" or "hand you your ass". It could come down to a driver's race and traction off the line would obviously play a roll. I know with my mods, miy truck runs much better up top than down low. He pulls out the win but not by bus lenghts or anything.

Fair enough, all I was looking for...:birgits_tiredcoffee

redseal199

Reaction score
No one has yet to reply on what would be best to do on the street as far as what mode to use?

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through the whole thread, and I might have an answer for you :)
I too believe ford did just put a 6.2l on just a heavy truck that you can even punch it on pavement. I live In imperial valley, CA, where I can say I have alot of desert and the most popular sand dunes around me, But most of the days I spend in on pavement since the raptor is my DD, I also owned a EVO 9 500+HP which can tell you guys I like to go fast :) but thats my track toy :)

THERES ALWAYS! a ****** coming at a stop light or sign, that stares at just or gives you a little rev or in your case that talk alot of crap. I have race on pavement (not on public street) theres alot of vegetable fields with pave roads where also alot of cars races happend.. I have some classic "friend's" that say.. "why buy raptor? put money on an f-150" "why not buy a jeep Cherokee? they are faster.. blah blah

So do to my high ego I decide to race in a drag my friends 5.7 tundra, and 5.7 laredo cherokee on pavement. and all I can tell you guys they got smoked by my raptor :)

after that pff no more comments! I can say that were i live theres alot of ****** bags trying the same thing, you just need to know when to go and where too

the mode I used was, No traction control (i got it eliminated by my tune) 4High (dont pull knob) and prep your raptor by slighty pressing the brake with your left foot.. now with the right foot give it some gas until you feel the truck pulling foward.. keep it there.. and when you rdy.. released brake, same time go WOT. never fails! I used to race my bros 95 4.0l cherokee at the sand drags! never fails! :)

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe your catching so much shit about this. I will race anyone. I don't care about winning or losing. It's just fun, that's why.

Reminds of Dave Chappelle's Killin' Them Softly Stand Up
Full race - YouTube

I don't race very often because I rarely drive my truck and it takes a pretty serious car to even come close to my bike. I know a lot of you have cars that can, I'm not saying it is that difficult to do. Just that you don't line up next to those cars frequently day-to-day.

In no way can I let the Honda truck ever leave the line in front of me. I don't know what it is about that truck, but it annoys me so completely and by proxy anyone driving them.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMC 6.2 would smoke you Ive raced a few at the drag strip in the Raptor and no contest. Didnt care though I didnt buy the Raptor to drag race I know Id beat on gravel roads or offroad.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have owned them both---Chevy (2010) was lifted 4in and had 325's on it--even before the cam with just the programmer, duals and air intake the Chevy would suck up the Ford on the pavement...

This Raptor is the slowest truck on the street I have owned in 20 years.. Off road it is the best..