Raptor vs Tremor 402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Dean

Reaction score
You work for Dairy Queen? We need to start a new thread about the greatest fast food. The Dude and dilly bar. Years ago you could order a double chicken fried steak plate. Sadly, the one closest to me closed up. Guessing they couldn't get workers.
Its a fun job. I get to meet a lot of people and see a lot of nice auto's come thru the Drive Thru. My wife and I have been doing it for 24 years. Its funny the year we built that store in the picture I had an orange F-250 Harley truck. When I saw the code Orange Raptor I really wanted one. Sadly it wasn't in the cards this time.

patriot1178

Reaction score
Hmmm...I don't use the drive through at Starbucks. I buy the Monster's in a can, so I guess I wouldn't have a need for a Toresn diff.

I don't have a need for a Toresen diff, just wondered why the Tremors kept them and they were removed from the Raptors?
From what I could dig up the Raptor R was destroying them during the testing phase. Fords workaround was their Eletronic braking control system and to lower manufacturing costs the removed the toresn from all the raptor platforms. I have a 23 and have not had any problems. I run west Texas lease roads daily in all weather conditions.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! If the Raptor R was destroying the Torsen Diff, seems like they would have kept them in the Eco as they kept them in the Tremors or maybe offer some other enhancement to get folks excited. They have them in the F-150 and FF250/F350 Tremors. I guess it's the new way of the world now raise the price and reduce options.

For the price of a base Raptor it should be loaded with exclusive options. That would at least make me feel better about purchasing a Raptor, even if I didn't use them.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting! If the Raptor R was destroying the Torsen Diff, seems like they would have kept them in the Eco as they kept them in the Tremors or maybe offer some other enhancement to get folks excited. They have them in the F-150 and FF250/F350 Tremors. I guess it's the new way of the world now raise the price and reduce options.

For the price of a base Raptor it should be loaded with exclusive options. That would at least make me feel better about purchasing a Raptor, even if I didn't use them.
It’s because Ford only developed the electronic abs/traction system on the Raptor R, which was able to work on the Raptor. I would bet in the next couple years they’ll do the same on the Tremors.

GDK

Reaction score
Tremor looks like a pretty Stock F-150 with Wheels. Raptor would maintain resale value longer.
The B&O Raptor Stereo seems to still have rave reviews...funny but we still cannot hear anything from a lot of those extra Speakers??

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 24 Raptor that I ordered doesn't come with the 18 speakers that the 23's had. I believe they will come with 14. You can get the same B&O in the Tremor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter