Raptor vs Tremor 402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 24 Raptor, this will be my 4th and had thoughts on if I should have just purchased a F-150 Tremor. Was wondering if others had similar thoughts?

Raptor Pros:
1. It's a Raptor
2. Resale Value
3. Its a Raptor

Raptor Cons:
1. Cost +$12-14K over a Tremor
2. No more Torsen front diff, BO Unleashed went from 18 Speakers to 14. I'm sure it sounds better...Lol
3. Tremor interior seems just as good. Rear seats even have Tremor stitched in them Raptors don't (not that I'm a fan) just an observation.
4. Purchase MSRP/or ADM - Tremor you can purchase at XPlan + and rebates, no ADM at most dealers
5. Can get a 5.0 in the Tremor (Yes you can get a 6.2 in the Raptor R), however it's not targeted for the average buyer.
6. 37 Package is now +$11K...ouch. Could have purchased a 22 Raptor 37 Package for about what I ordered my 24 Raptor 35 back in Jan.

Any feedback/or Flames is Welcome!

8250_RPM

Reaction score
The only person you have to justify the expense to is yourself. If you’re cross-shopping a Tremor, my guess is the Raptor is not necessary for your particular use case. Most people only need four wheels and enough seats to carry themselves and X number of passengers. I don’t need the Raptor but wanted one. If the Tremor were a Raptor, I’d have considered it. It’s not, therefore never even noticed it. The Raptor is literally the only truck I’ve ever considered outside of an F-250 just to haul a fifth wheel. My thoughts.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I configured both on the 2024 build and price site. I added 402A to the Tremor for $10,965 and the 3.5 Eco for $295 and it brought the price up to base Raptor territory. The Tremor was $77,200.
Then I built a base 801A Raptor with nothing added and it was $79,975.
I like the Tremor but I'd spend $80K on a Raptor before I'd spend $77K on a Tremor.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out of they are talking about the F150 Tremor or the F250/350 tremor...

Having owned a 18 and 19 Raptor and now a 23. And also owned a 2022 F250 Tremor, your points are really useless.

Raptor Cons:
1. Maybe where you live that's the case. But the stock F250/350 will need a lot of upgrades like a leveling kit, maybe a Carlie suspicion and other things to make it ride even close to something that isnt an Ore barge
2. The diff makes literally no difference for 90% of the people that own a raptor and the Tremor has the same system so w/e
3. Yea...w/e
4. depends
5. No comment. Not sure that's even a con.
6. So you're known for making good decisions....Whatever is your first choice, do the opposite.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand the f150 Tremor, IMO the price difference from a loaded f150 Tremor to a 35 Raptor is well worth it in resale alone, not to mention the suspension and motor which are significant.