Raptor vs Tremor 402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback! I can take the good and bad...Lol. For the record yes I can afford one (I've owned 3). The Tremor I was referring to is an F-150. I didn't just join the forum and wasn't trying to bash the Raptor, just an observation. My opinion is worth nothing to anyone except myself.

I know there are several threads regarding the comparison, however was simply just asking if others had similar questions or thoughts as timing, cost, options have changed. I appreciate your passion for the Raptor as I have the same (owning 3 in the past). Last one was a 2020 then went back to a diesel.

As some have pointed out a F-150 Tremor 402 loaded is close to the price of a Raptor retail, but with XPLAN, discounts and a PCO (Private cash offer) it just made me think about it. With no discounts i makes since to get the Raptor for resale value.

It's Crazy now what it cost to add a 37 Package...ouch. I passed on that.

The Raptor is a Want ...not a...need for my use!

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback! I can take the good and bad...Lol. For the record yes I can afford one (I've owned 3). The Tremor I was referring to is an F-150. I didn't just join the forum and wasn't trying to bash the Raptor, just an observation. My opinion is worth nothing to anyone except myself.

I know there are several threads regarding the comparison, however was simply just asking if others had similar questions or thoughts as timing, cost, options have changed. I appreciate your passion for the Raptor as I have the same (owning 3 in the past). Last one was a 2020 then went back to a diesel.

As some have pointed out a F-150 Tremor 402 loaded is close to the price of a Raptor retail, but with XPLAN, discounts and a PCO (Private cash offer) it just made me think about it. With no discounts i makes since to get the Raptor for resale value.

It's Crazy now what it cost to add a 37 Package...ouch. I passed on that.

The Raptor is a Want ...not a...need for my use!
When I was checking out trucks I looked at a F250 Tremor with the 6.2. I realized I didn't need that much Truck and went with the Raptor.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I don't use the drive through at Starbucks. I buy the Monster's in a can, so I guess I wouldn't have a need for a Toresn diff.

I don't have a need for a Toresen diff, just wondered why the Tremors kept them and they were removed from the Raptors?

Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I don't use the drive through at Starbucks. I buy the Monster's in a can, so I guess I wouldn't have a need for a Toresn diff.

I don't have a need for a Toresen diff, just wondered why the Tremors kept them and they were removed from the Raptors?
Most of us feel the same. Likely didn’t need the Torsen, but it feels like we got stiffed.