2023 vs 2024 avalanche comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the refresh. First, whats with the black trim instead of grey? Thats a Raptor R exclusive thing from 2023. I MUCH prefer the traditional grey trim. Now they both look the same and similar to other F150's. The front end has become too busy looking. The design of the headlights, the wavey looking grill with the textured FORD, the wheels are all black. The stickers suck too. Dont get me started with the boring "colors". The interior loses the trademark orange marker on the steering wheel. The "Carbon" trim looks faker than ever, HUD in a Raptor? Too techy, Too luxurious. Its become more like a Platinum or Limited than a Raptor. Other than that, its OK. lol.

rushneck

Reaction score
Most car manufacturers, including Ford, typically undergo a "refresh" of their vehicle lineup every three years or so to stimulate new lease sales. With lease lengths often set at 36 months, these updates aim to attract lessees to newer models. However, I've observed that many of these "refreshes" often fall short of the original designs. Take, for instance, our Ford Raptor: the original Gen 3 headlights and taillights were meticulously crafted to complement the vehicle's body contours seamlessly. Yet, in the case of refreshed Ford's F-150 series, the refresh seems more superficial than substantial. The updated headlight and taillight designs appear to have been altered merely for the sake of differentiation, losing its original design flow and cleanliness.

While some may find the refreshed design appealing, particularly those who grew weary of the 2021-2023 models, I personally find it underwhelming. The only notable enhancements in the refreshed Gen 3 lie in features such as upgraded shocks, a HUD, or an upgraded front bumper for the 37PP and R models. However, the changes to the headlights, taillights, and graphics seem arbitrary and disrupt the original design flow. Also, the new wheel designs fail to match the appeal of the 21-23 37PP beadlocks, while the interior changes offer little discernible improvement.

Change can be beneficial when executed effectively. However, when changes are made merely for the sake of change, they don't necessarily lead to improvement; instead, they often result in a decline in quality, particularly in terms of aesthetics.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most car manufacturers, including Ford, typically undergo a "refresh" of their vehicle lineup every three years or so to stimulate new lease sales. With lease lengths often set at 36 months, these updates aim to attract lessees to newer models. However, I've observed that many of these "refreshes" often fall short of the original designs. Take, for instance, our Ford Raptor: the original Gen 3 headlights and taillights were meticulously crafted to complement the vehicle's body contours seamlessly. Yet, in the case of refreshed Ford's F-150 series, the refresh seems more superficial than substantial. The updated headlight and taillight designs appear to have been altered merely for the sake of differentiation, losing its original design flow and cleanliness.

While some may find the refreshed design appealing, particularly those who grew weary of the 2021-2023 models, I personally find it underwhelming. The only notable enhancements in the refreshed Gen 3 lie in features such as upgraded shocks, a HUD, or an upgraded front bumper for the 37PP and R models. However, the changes to the headlights, taillights, and graphics seem arbitrary and disrupt the original design flow. Also, the new wheel designs fail to match the appeal of the 21-23 37PP beadlocks, while the interior changes offer little discernible improvement.

Change can be beneficial when executed effectively. However, when changes are made merely for the sake of change, they don't necessarily lead to improvement; instead, they often result in a decline in quality, particularly in terms of aesthetics.
i didnt realize chatgpt had an opinion....

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
It’s almost the same truck. You can’t like one and hate the other. I prefer the ‘23 as well but I’m probably biased since I own one.
It is quite the comedy reading the “hate” things when regardless it’s a Raptor and all the new changes will grow on you. From Gen 1 to Gen 3 there has been some evolution and making them look a little different. That keeps them fresh and selling. Package wise for the Gen 3 is a little different. Now the R is a beast and rightly so! One helluva truck! However, I prefer the 35 package for me. I drive it daily (12k miles in 2.5 months) and love it. The 37 package looks more aggressive but has same power plant, tranny and rear drive gear. The added dynamic rolling weight of the 37 just doesn’t feel the way I want it to. I do have an ultimate 9 throttle controller in mine and set on performance 3 (1-9 range). Give the pedal just enough sensitivity. The great thing about the packages is the appeal to the different mind sets and tastes. There is something I like about each and everyone of them. Now for the Jokers, which I am one, bring it the f*ck on! Thick skin and f*ckin head strong.