Toyota TRD scathing review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Former Toyota fanboy here. The new Gen Tundra was the reason I own a Raptor. While I enjoyed my previous tundra and tacomas, the tech is just so archaic I could never go back. My 2021 37 pack is my first Ford and first Raptor. I love it. Not a lot of complaints so far in my first year. The tranny is a little annoying, but I overlook it. Toyota had a golden opportunity to combine what the big 3 do right and make the perfect 1/2 ton. They failed. Miserably
They actually always kinda sucked and. were never really that good haha. “ oh cool i get to drive a really uninspiring vehicle for 300k miles…”

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh. There is zero performance enhancement from noise.
And there is from various lifts?

I guess both get you tire clearance

You get a little more room around the frame for activities with a body lift

Suspension doesn’t really get you much aside from tire clearance.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LC200's are in a different league of vehicle imo. They represent what Toyota can do with no budget constraints and their best quality.

My wife's LC200 has remained rock solid and will be kept in the garage forever unless some extenuating circumstances necessitate it being sold off. I'll keep it as a backup vehicle when she's finally ready to drive something else.
We have the same wife. Lol. I have to have an extra vehicle here for her to drive so she doesn't put miles on her LC. Keep hoping she wants something else and I can have it. Better chance winning the Powerball.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I, for one, am extremely concerned that in 2022, Bullying is still allowed!
They specifically spoke about the Trailer Bullying the Poor TRD :(
Shouldn’t MT stop the evaluation at this point and take corrective action, say…Rebuilding the P O S…..:shakehead::happy175:

Speaking of MT…W T H was your budget for the Photo shoot??
It looks like you shot it in a wash near my house?
If you had contacted me , I could have arranged some far better locations for the shoot (Don’t worry, I have lots of Recovery Gear in case the TRD couldn’t get over the rock) We could have done a Dry Lake Bed run, and photo shopped my dust into the TRD shots.
I feel the Scenic Shots would have made this 2009 update of the TRD, far more PALATABLE for the BunMan, Skinny Jeans, No Socks, Latte Sipping Crew..
( No Offense of Course)
Please follow me on SnapFace and TwitChat for more Pro-Tips on making your STILL OUTDATED TRD look like a RAPTOR ;)

02C67466-29F5-4381-A19C-46CFEDBAE924.jpeg2AF9D51E-41B8-4F92-9622-AAF98D81C34C.jpegEBEC7D81-6480-4486-8BBD-7AD731BF80A5.jpeg6226987C-877E-42EE-B175-01893C9052A4.jpeg76EB172A-33F2-4209-9F3A-73A0EB6B1F50.jpeg

Last edited:

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the same wife. Lol. I have to have an extra vehicle here for her to drive so she doesn't put miles on her LC. Keep hoping she wants something else and I can have it. Better chance winning the Powerball.
I tried coaxing her into trading it in for a RSQ8 not long ago - the glares I got... Bear in mind I had to convince her to buy the LC when we initially picked it up.

Miles on the LC shouldn't matter, that V8 is known to last forever. While the bulk of conversation in here is focused on Toyota's lack of quality and styling - I think the LC is the one truck they produced that actually did both of those things right. It's just unfortunate it cost as much as it did new.