Motortrend 2023 Raptor R Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they setup the truck for the 0-60. The throttle house TRX and Raptor race had the R lose pretty bad on and off road. Not the best measure of the truck, but it's all anyone talks about...I figured it wasn't an apples to apples comparing considering the TRX had 35" tires.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meanwhile, Chevy is all like: "Let's charge 80k for the same old NA 6.2 "off road truck" (wheels and front clip) with 3.23 gears, because NO ONE will want to run bigger tires on it or tow.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They stopped the heated steering wheel on the Gen 3’s? Chip shortage? True the TRX is more readily available and with a discount. Well until Stellantis axes it.
Unfortunately he is correct. My Raptor R that was built and shipped has two deletes:
  • Advanced Security Pack Removal
  • Steering Wheel − Heat Removal

Attachments

• 2023 Ford Raptor R Window Sticker.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately he is correct. My Raptor R that was built and shipped has two deletes:
  • Advanced Security Pack Removal
  • Steering Wheel − Heat Removal
I can somewhat understand/forgive deleting these on the standard F-150 lineup, but on the Raptor R?!? How many can there be to actually affect the chip availability?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I can somewhat understand/forgive deleting these on the standard F-150 lineup, but on the Raptor R?!? How many can there be to actually affect the chip availability?
Do you want to have your built Raptor sitting in a parking lot for 6 months waiting on these?

I'd be glad that they took them off to ship truck quicker. Never used my steering wheel heat on any Raptors owned. The advanced security pack you can buy after--called a 9mm.