tires oxygen verses nitrogen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought it was what was on the tire but called the tire manufacture and they said what ever the door on your vehicle says is what you should put in your tire because of the vehicle weight I don't know

If you know some thing let me know I listen than do what I want

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought it was what was on the tire but called the tire manufacture and they said what ever the door on your vehicle says is what you should put in your tire because of the vehicle weight I don't know

If you know some thing let me know I listen than do what I want

Man that is dangerous ----for example if the tire is rated 35psi cold and you run 44psi per the door you have a problem.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah you never want to run higher than the rating on the tire. I think you follow whats on the door as long as it is less than the max pressure rating of the tire.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Bird that is not correct either. If you are running load range "E" for example you might want to do more research on what you can run on the low side. There is no way that the door marking for PSI can take into account every tire made that is capable of being fit on a vehicle. If what were above was true then there would be a lot of lawsuits. Many of us use different size tires than factory as well----the listing on the door is for the tires that came with the vehicle only.

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no mathematical way that I know of to determine correct tire pressure for a given tire on a given vehicle. The most scientific method I know of is the “chalk method.” This will give you your highway pressure for a given tire on a given vehicle with a given load. Change any of those 3 variables and you need to reanalyze. I’ve used it multiple times, and found that it works well. Normally though, I’m too lazy. I just take an educated guess, watch my tier wear, and adjust as necessary.

Determining the correct off-road pressure just takes experience and trial & error. In addition to the above variables you have various surface condition factors, traction concerns, bead retention concerns, wheel damage concerns, ride quality concerns, and temperature concerns; most of which change from trip to trip. Carry a compressor with you, start with small changes, take notes, and have fun. It gives you a good excuse to go wheeling in the same area multiple times…

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hmm I called the tire manufacture if your putting one recommended tires you have to go with what your car truck can haul that is what I got out of it and the door psi is what your truck can haul if you are using similar tire so it all depends on how much wait is on the tire is what I got out of it yes if your hauling heavy stuff air up some but if your just driving your car truck put what is on the door because that is how heavy the vehicle is ?

jxsraptor

Reaction score
Nitrogen

Hi all, I have a appt. next week to get my air replaced with Nitrogen in my tires. talked to a few locals who had done it and they said worth every penny for all around care of the tires. This place sucks all the air out ( some places just let the air out ) then replaces with N2. Just wondering if any one has done it to thier Raptor tires? Thanks...

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a appt. next week to get my air replaced with Nitrogen in my tires. talked to a few locals who had done it and they said worth every penny for all around care of the tires. This place sucks all the air out ( some places just let the air out ) then replaces with N2. Just wondering if any one has done it to their Raptor tires? Thanks...

Had an Infiniti G35 with nitrogen filling. IMO it is a gimmick to just try and sell you something when you can practically get air for free. How much have you really heard of damage being done to wheels and tires from the air inside? it may be beneficial if you are having the vehicle sit for long periods of time but until im proven it has major benefits to my performance and durability of my tires ill stick with good old compressed air.

Heres a little article about Nitrogen filled tires. Pay attention to the last paragraph. :)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...d=TC|21263|_cat:tirerack.com||S|b|6698650813&

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
There’s no mathematical way that I know of to determine correct tire pressure for a given tire on a given vehicle. The most scientific method I know of is the “chalk method.” This will give you your highway pressure for a given tire on a given vehicle with a given load. Change any of those 3 variables and you need to reanalyze. I’ve used it multiple times, and found that it works well. Normally though, I’m too lazy. I just take an educated guess, watch my tier wear, and adjust as necessary.

Determining the correct off-road pressure just takes experience and trial & error. In addition to the above variables you have various surface condition factors, traction concerns, bead retention concerns, wheel damage concerns, ride quality concerns, and temperature concerns; most of which change from trip to trip. Carry a compressor with you, start with small changes, take notes, and have fun. It gives you a good excuse to go wheeling in the same area multiple times…
Completely agree. Excellent advice.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless there's a machine that completely sucks out air the air particles in your tires(physically can't happen) you won't have 100% nitrogen inside of your tires. And another thing, nitrogen will not save you fuel. All *********!:poop: