tires oxygen verses nitrogen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NASCAR cars use nitrogen as well for the whole reason that they don't heat up as much as normal air thus allowing them to control the psi more closely.

I still am of the fact that there is nothing wrong with using normal air so long as you check your tire pressure often. Which im sure those of us on here do anyways cause frf aren't street queens.

The h-60 also uses nitrogen in their tires too but I suspect that it's just a coincidence because nitrogen is used to charge the main mount struts as well as other parts...

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitrogen filling is a gimmick, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen already. Tire inflation is determined by the guy that designs the tire some more some less. Load range is everything and over heating a tire from low inflation is the single most common tire failure. Proper inflation can be from 32 PSI to 80 PSI .. The tires on my work van door sticker says 80 PSI rear and 60 PSI front.. So does the tire... So guess how much air cold? It does not say hot air or after driving for 30 miles... Do what you want there yours but for me and my family I check them at least once a month and make sure they are properly inflated..

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitrogen is not a gimmick----being associated with R&D in the tire industry I can assure you of that. Posted on this earlier but ignorance is bliss as they say.

There are people who still think that running 93 octane fuel in an engine tuned for 87 will give them more power but that does not make it so.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn them chicks are hot but if they got STD's I would pass on that!
NOS.jpg

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing ya'll need to keep in mind, is that the "air" you put in your tires (the same that you breathe) is about 80% Nitrogen. Going to 100% nitrogen is not worth the cost.

+1 It's a scam. My dealer tried to sneak it on my invoice to the tune of $50!! Dry air contains roughly (by volume) 78.09% nitrogen.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitrogen is not a gimmick----being associated with R&D in the tire industry I can assure you of that. Posted on this earlier but ignorance is bliss as they say.

There are people who still think that running 93 octane fuel in an engine tuned for 87 will give them more power but that does not make it so.

But the question at hand is that is it worth the cost?

Banned
Reaction score
If it was free I'd use it. My tires are a tad low in the morning (it's still dropping below freezin here some nights). But by the time I leave work they are bang on.

But it's not that big of a difference that it would make me switch to nitrogen.

Maybe if I had TPMS on my truck it would annoy me enough. But I don't.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2 in the morning is when your suppose to set the pressure.. The tire designer knows as it warms up the pressure will raises its pressure, its suppose too.. And yes other than a few racing teams or very narrow band tire temperature tolerances we will never see any benefit using Nitrogen that costs anything other then free, Its a Gimmick for the consumer....

Banned
Reaction score
6.2 in the morning is when your suppose to set the pressure.. The tire designer knows as it warms up the pressure will raises its pressure, its suppose too.. And yes other than a few racing teams or very narrow band tire temperature tolerances we will never see any benefit using Nitrogen that costs anything other then free, Its a Gimmick for the consumer....

I don't fill my tires to what my truck is suppose to be filled to. Because I have larger tires. I set y tires so they ride flat (did the chalk test) so if I set my tires to that in the morning, ten they will be over inflated the rest of the day. Once the temps smarten up it will be fine and wont fluctuate. I'll just have slightly low tires in the mornings.