MAF Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have plugs, coils and plug wires changed next week. Will report back on what effect that has. Short term fuel trims look good. No CEL lights. No codes.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jesus MAF issues

I aint heard of none of that since my ricer car days...

"Let me blow off my MAF and clean it, BOOOM 25 horse power"

LMAO!

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernois reviewed a video of the fuel trims and said they look okay. Nothing wrong there. Again, no codes. But I was adamant that I was hearing something off.

I went ahead and changed plugs, wires and coil packs. Seemed like a logical place to go.

A couple of the plugs had green corrosion on the top where the wire snaps on. It does not appear that there was any dielectric grease.

With the 16 new plugs, wires and coil packs, the idle seems better and it’s idling right around 800 rpm’s. My mileage appears to have bumped up a couple of miles. After a few trips to town and back, I was around 10.5. That had been in the 8-9 mpg range. I’m going on about a 300 mile trip drive this weekend, so that’ll tell.

Anyway, sharing what I found and curious of your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_5154.jpeg
    IMG_5154.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 3