Trans issues again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mun52022

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Couldn't find any posts with the same issues. But a little back story. Truck had 102k when I bought it. (113k now) Whipple, longtubes, unknown tune. 2014. It was bought from a dealer who had no previous knowledge. I knew the trans acted weird but bought it for a good price, it had a hard 3 to 4 shift sometimes. Really bad at wot. And the speedometer reads 10mph over. And slammed hard when wot downshift. Did a pan drop, filter and fill. Not much material on pan. The pan and fill looked to have never been off before. Fluid looked and smelled normal. That fixed nothing. Also had the random downshift issue. Well bought a oem leadframe from ford directly. Did that, and the little rubber plastic peice as well. With another fresh fluid fill. Seemed to fix the downshift issue but not the speedometer or hard 3rd to 4th. Well put about 2k miles on it since Friday, mainly highway, still 10mph over on speedometer (checked with forscan and the tire size is right) now it slams on wot downshifts. Still goes into neutral on downshifts with %50 or more throttle. And now 4th to 5th shifts hard and makes the same grinding noise. Also in manual mode 5th gear. If I give it wot at speed. When the tach gets to 3, 3500rpms or so. It acts like it's pushing through the converter, doesn't feel like slip but I dont know. Fluid is still full and clean. Also replaced the trans bulkhead connector. Trans harness is perfect as well all the way up to pcm. I assume I just need a rebuild trans. But does anyone have any input? Sorry for this being long but trying to give all the right info. I also haven't really drove it too hard neither. Thanks guys

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on the time for rebuild, sounds like previous owner had issues and tried changing the trans oil ahead of you to no avail (also may be indicative of abuse heh). Side question, where the hell did you find a Ford lead frame? Or did you get the whole valve body assembly?