Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
So I'm planning to do a trans service. Already have a new filter, also have purchased a 2nd filter that will add over a quart of additional capacity to my system(possibly closer to two quarts).
PXL_20231004_010621814.jpgPXL_20231004_010539681.MP.jpg
My question is, I eventually want to completely switch to Amsoil.
However, can i switch it out in increments?
I'd like to drop my pan, replace trans filter, also plum in my 2nd filter, replace the fluid lost with amsoil, and top off with Amsoil.
Has anyone else done a drain and fill with Amsoil without doing an entire flush?
I ask because I'm doing a lot of service at the moment, however I really want to replace filters and start swapping to Amsoil.
Is it best or recommended to do it all at once?
I am not interested in flushing my trans, never have, never will. However I have also never chained fluid types/brands.
Any info or guidance on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Is it the same fluid? Same properties? Same ingredients? I would urge caution on miss matched fluid types. If you are not going to drain it all out, including the torque converter and trans cooler I would stick with OE.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Here is the product data sheet for Amsoil Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. This is the stuff that's suitable for applications requiring Mercon LV.

The spec for my GEN1 is Mercon LV. Who knows what brand it was??? Shell? Mobil 1? Valvoline? As long as it's Mercon LV, you're good to go.