GEN 2 Map and Cargo lights strobing/flickering with doors closed- AMP steps deploying at random

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't think about that before when I was running the self test but it makes sense now. Are you saying the AMP running boards could be causing the problem? When I left the dealership yesterday and they started acting up, I disconnected them from the OBD port but the problems with the lights and rear cargo window remained. Wouldn't that rule them out?
Once network communication is interrupted the issues can remain. Leave the aftermarket stuff disconnected and re-evaluate.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d go a step further - once the steps are removed, check FORSCAN again for any stored codes. They will survive a battery disconnect/reconnect. Once you’re sure steps are disconnected and there are no stored module codes, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect.

I’ve only had one BCM fault and it survived power off / on and battery disconnect.