2019 Maintenance Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deblas

Reaction score
Raptor newb here looking for some advice. Apologize for the long post in advance......

Just picked up a 2019 (completely stock motor/tune) with 45k miles. It is a Ford CPO vehicle ,but still, I plan on servicing fluids/wear items so I have a baseline on service records. The dealership did have records of changing the oil/filter and air filter and after checking for myself, the oil looks fresh as does the air filter. No other records (other than carfax) were provided, which did indicate servicing at approriate intervals.

After reviewing the owners manual/raptor supplement and this forum, I do have a few questions before ordering supplies.

Spark plugs: The owners manual calls for SP534, the raptor supplement calls for SP578, and after scouring the forum, I find another suggestion possibly being the M-12405-35T which may just be a "rebranding" of the SP578?
What plugs should I be looking for?

Coolant/Antifreeze: Both the manual and the supplement call for the Motorcraft Yellow coolant, however the truck 100% has the orange in it (or at least similar). I plan to drain and flush whatever is in it and fill with the yellow, as recommended in the manual. I read the 19's were all using the yellow. Why this one has orange is beyond me.

Diff's: The manuals call for 75w85 for front and rear, is that what y'all are sticking with?

Transfer case: Again, the manuals call for the Mercon LV ATF, stick with that?

I plan to dump the trans pan, replace filter and fill at around 60k. Again the manual says the filter is a FT-188 but the supplement calls for FT-202. Is the FT-202 and Mercon ULV still the current use items for the Raptor?

Lastly, a question on the thermostat. This last weekend we drove from Las Vegas to LA and back (105ish or so ambient, 75-80 mph) with no issues, except I did notice a few times the temp gauge did show a numerical value above the gauge (varied from 226 - 232, maybe a minute or two duration). I did not get any over-temp warning and the idiot gauge remained at center to left of center the entire trip.
I did find similar posts to my experience, seemingly looking like a common experience, possible related to a surge in heat generated from the turbos?
In any case, would there be an issue with replacing the 195 t-stat with the 180 with the stock motor/tune? Seems this could give just a bit of cooling room at highway speeds.

Thanks for the feedback!