18 Trans failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thayes614

Reaction score
Hi Gang, My 18 w/90k VERY EASY miles and no aftermarket TCM tune just grenaded itself. Popped from 1-3 and locked itself up repeatedly on the 3-1 at 8mph. Was able to force it to shift from 3 directly to 8 by keeping power applied and rolling through the dead spot. Was 150 miles from home in the Mtn's. No choice but to try and make it. The last several months the 4-5 shift seemed harsh (not in Sport or Baja mode) and the downshift from 3-1 was harsh. Pulled the pan and chunks were everywhere. Not going to the dealership, but friend has a shop and ordering a re-man from Ford and he will swap out for less than dealership.

I will be going GooseTune w/TCM going forward to eliminate the possibility of weak line pressure and weirdo shift points. I have heard from many folks that he fixes the factory short comings on the trans tune, as well as the power gains/smooth delivery.

Question: anyone else experience this extreme failure and upgraded to Goosetune???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter