The topic that has been beaten to DEATH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Its not about breaking a leg its about the truck BLOWING UP

Based on what evidence do you suggest your truck will blow up? Lets not fight crazy with crazy. :ROFLJest: You anti-conspiracy conspirators act like the bump stop kits are made of flint daggers waiting to pierce the gas tank at any moment. THERE IS ALREADY A CROSS MEMBER GOING DIRECTLY OVER THE GAS TANK FROM THE FACTORY. The cross member created by the bump stop kits are over the top of the frame rails, no where NEAR the gas tank. In fact, your hot exhaust is MUCH closer.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words...
1212535311_5m5kJ-L.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what evidence do you suggest your truck will blow up? Lets not fight crazy with crazy. :ROFLJest: You anti-conspiracy conspirators act like the bump stop kits are made of flint daggers waiting to pierce the gas tank at any moment. THERE IS ALREADY A CROSS MEMBER GOING DIRECTLY OVER THE GAS TANK FROM THE FACTORY. The cross member created by the bump stop kits are over the top of the frame rails, no where NEAR the gas tank. In fact, your hot exhaust is MUCH closer.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words...
1212535311_5m5kJ-L.jpg

We can argue this all day long... during a crash nothing is set in stone.. anything can happen and, to try to make the frame and accessories crush away from the tank is not easy and anytime you change things back there you are asking for troubles... Not only stiffing the frame but, even after market exhaust can add to the problems during a crash. I worked on the police crown vic blowups and we found that the tools the police have stored in the trunk were the main cause of the vehicles blowing up. Ask and cop who is driving a crown vic.. in the trunk they are told not to store tools pointing towards the front of the vehicle and they now have a special form installed in the trunk to help keep the stuff in the trunk from puncturing through...
The kits I have looked at fit around the frame and have a cross-member across the top... Not only does it stiffen the frame and not let it crumble like its designed to but, there are bolts and sharp edges also ... I am Not saying that if you add this thing its a guaranteed you will die if you get hit in the back what I am saying is by adding it you have increased the chance greatly...
and really its no different than getting a truck and adding a 4in lift to it... You just increased the chance of it rolling over greatly...

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its not about breaking a leg its about the truck BLOWING UP when it gets hit from behind and not being able to get the seat belt off to get out!!! and will you ever stop crying about your frame!!! stup up about it will ya!!!!
I didn't start the thread, ASS HOLE. Just commenting in is, JUST LIKE YOU. If you don't like it, don't open these threads, and ****.

I don't normally get pissed off, but seriously, **** and don't read threads like this if YOU'RE going to cry about ME talking about the frame.

:flipthebird:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't start the thread, ASS HOLE. Just commenting in is, JUST LIKE YOU. If you don't like it, don't open these threads, and ****.

I don't normally get pissed off, but seriously, **** and don't read threads like this if YOU'RE going to cry about ME talking about the frame.

:flipthebird:

Wow... sounds like I stuck a nerve huh...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No nerve... Just getting sick of others telling me what I can and cannot comment on. You know where the "back" button is if you don't like it.

Ha ha ha.. ya I hear ya... I said you are still crying about your frame bending and Ford not covering the cost for repair... and from the sound of it you still get redfaced when the discussion comes up

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That gold colored hardware might not be compatible with the frame steel. I'll check some bolts and post the Rb values, if this thread's still open tonight?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha ha.. ya I hear ya... I said you are still crying about your frame bending and Ford not covering the cost for repair... and from the sound of it you still get redfaced when the discussion comes up

Yes, and where in this thread (or in the past months period) have I "cried about my frame bending and Ford not covering the cost"???

Enough said.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
GdIcN6pzzA8BTVAoMu4Z1mrkYIWAtW31TNaFsEeiOs_D2VmTzk.jpg

This just got WAAAAYYY more entertaining. BlueSTI you think you'd just give up as every time you bring this up it devolves into a shitfest. Not that I care, I think it's great entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc