GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I have opened a buyback case on my GEN 3. 8,000 miles on it, customer order original owner. Below I have outlined the issues that I have been having, but I wanted to see if anyone could answer one question for me.

The dealer I bought it from, who will be taking it on Friday to diagnose what is going on with it, has told me that I might run into issues with a buyback or warranty repair / replacement because I have an aftermarket bumper. Now the bumper is literally just a bumper, nothing electrically has been altered on the truck at all. The ACC has been relocated, but I have had no issues with it. The location that ADD recommend it didn’t like, and told me so. When I moved it to a better location, all was fine. Adaptive cruise works great and so does lane keep. Reading into fords warranty as well as the magnuson moss warranty act I can not believe that I would have any issues putting it as a lemon or having a buy back from ford given the issues listed below. Thanks for any input guys! BTW Leesburg ford isn’t who I got it from they are just closest to me, but I will be taking it back to the dealer I got it from.

1.)** Rear passenger window would not go up. Jerrys Leesburg Ford diagnosed and found the master switch was bad. They ordered a new part and replaced; window works as intended.

**2.)** Tailgate ajar warning will not go off. Jerrys Leesburg Ford tried to reset VIA a disconnection of the harness in the back of the truck, did not fix it. They are still working out the issue, I have no had time to drop it off yet for more diagnosis.

**3.)** Instrument gauge cluster has reset on multiple occasions to include while driving down the highway. Completely black screen, and when it returns all settings are gone, cannot change exhaust mode, steering mode or suspension mode. Must do a full shutdown of the truck in order to reset.

**4.)** Front vent actuator for the intercooler on the passenger side has been activating when I start the truck. The truck seems to want to turn them in a way that they will physically not go leading to them bending and then snapping back on themselves. It does this 5 – 6 times before they turn the other way and then stop.

**Sunday, May 7th, 2023**

**1.)** Backing truck up into parking space in the morning. Vehicle in reverse, truck completely shutdown by itself and forced itself into park. Shift level was still in Reverse. Started truck back up, check engine light was on, notice to server the advanced track system was on. Instrument gauge cluster reset itself so all of my custom settings were gone.

**2.)** Reset my personal settings on the instrument gauge, shut truck off. Came back an hour or so later, started truck, was about to pull out, instrument gauge screen went black, all settings were reset.

**3.)** Got to a field to play fetch with my dog, shut truck off, instrument gauge screen shut down, but not the infotainment system, seat did not move back to allow me to get out of the truck. Started truck back up, instrument gauge reset itself for 3rd time that day, shut truck off, all shut off as normal.

**4.)** Got back to my house and found that the passenger side front window does not go up automatically now. Held button down for 10 seconds and then up for 10 seconds to see if it would reset, still does not work. (I have since fixed this issue)

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Let us know how the buyback process turns out. Hopefully you get your money back. If it is successful, do you plan on getting another raptor?

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Let us know how the buyback process turns out. Hopefully you get your money back. If it is successful, do you plan on getting another raptor?
That’s something that I have debated. Not sure yet. I want to love this truck, I do, it’s my dream truck, but these issues have been killing my mood for one.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You posted in another thread that you modified your grille shutters when you installed your aftermarket bumper. You can’t just go disconnecting part of the system and expect it operate correctly. That is not a defect or warranty issue, that’s an issue caused by your modifications.

The ACC Module is networked to the IPM-A; have you verified the wires were not damaged during the relocation of the module? Factory harnesses are all routed in a specific manner to prevent chaffing and damage. If any of those circuits are intermittently open, shorted together, or shorted to ground, it’s going to set multiple faults across various systems.

There were issues with some master window switches internally shorting; you said the dealer fixed that and the front window is also now working properly. Have you by chance checked the fuse boxes under the hood and in the cabin to verify all the fuses are fully seated? Some people on here have reported intermittent issues due to improperly seated fuses.

Is anything else aftermarket besides the bumper? No electronics, lights, etc?

Last edited:

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a huge stretch for a buy back.

One of the issues is a part you modified. Doesn't matter what sort of semantics you use to explain it.

And many of the other issues a Ford dealer hasn't had ample time to diagnose.

Even the tailgate issue, there has been only one repair attempt. For a buy back, usually need ~3 repair attempts for a single issue.

Last edited:

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, maybe I missed it but what year is your Gen 3? I heard possible bad batches of chips for the early Gen 3s (2021) and other brands between 2020-2022 due to rushing chips out for vehicles with lower quality control.